Namibia and Back My 4600km ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mother

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
Hi Folks
a few may wonder where I been .......lets just give the short version

Work got in the way of fun...........but we all know priorities are to put toast on the table

I had a few GS Adventures over the years but when i bought my 2010 Anniversary things slowed down for me on the adventure rides and only now and again I got to take my GS out on trips..........was riding my Harleys much more and couldnt really justify an upgrade

Then last year June i made the mistake of walking into Donfords in Town to look at the new 1250.........................that was it!!
I phoned my mate Roger at Bavaria Centurion(we have come a long wayover the years and I have bought all my Beemers from him.......certainly wasnt going to change that)
In no time Roger and I struck a deal
He sent a courier to collect my aircooled and a few weeks later we flew up to Jhb to collect my new baby

We rode it down to Cape Town all the back roads to De Aar and the dirt from Carnarvon to Sutherland I fell in love with this bike and its handling
Day and night difference from my Aircooled

I couldnt wait to do a decent trip and started immediately with plans on Namibia as those who know me know its my favourite place to ride

In Juice Hospitality Business Winter is off season so i was going to take advantage of this.......

Unfortunately as in life not all goes to plan .........My father in law passed suddenly in July

so the trip was posphoned

Finally the right time came up and August the 9th I got to set off for Namibia

Plan was up the west coast to Alexander Bay and head to Ai Ais via the Orange River

Attachments

• IMG_8388.jpg
    IMG_8388.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_8409.jpg
    IMG_8409.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 894