THE NEED TO RECALCULATE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I have pretty much vented in anger these  last two days however I am far from over it yet and hence I need some Wilddog assistance.

As some of you will have seen and even commented on the thread that I had started asking for advice on  a Transalp 700 vs a XT660R in anticipation of purchasing one of those two bikes.

See the link https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=247078.0

In a nutshell, I had decided on the Transalp and was waiting on a proforma invoice from the salesman who had promised me it would be sent to me on Tuesday 28 April as Monday 27 April was a public holiday in order for me to make the payment and secure the bike as I committed 100% to the salesman that I was taking the bike and would pay immediately once I had the documentation to do so..

Despite both the written e-mails and personal WhatsApp messages to the salesman on Tuesday 28 April with absolutely no reply from him I was eventually contacted and informed on Wednesday 29April by said salesman after yet another personal WhatsApp to him that the bike had been sold by a different salesman without his knowledge and that the bike had already been collected by the new owner the same day during the lockdown period and also despite the shop being closed to the public for trade.

On further investigation it turns out that this salesman lied to me about the other salesman selling the bike without his knowledge as there is no other salesman as I was informed verbatim by his pervious Sales Manager.

The long and the short is that I have lost out on my dream bike as it literally was for many reasons because this unethical salesman saw it fit to screw me for his own personal gain or for that of his bike shop.

I have tried contacting the bike shop owners and I have left several messages on their cell phones but without any success thus far.

Now that I have shared my "Bad Luck" and my elevated levels of "Pissedoffness" I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know or give me a lead on a medium sized tourer that I can use daily too should it be necessary to commute.
I do not intend doing Baviaans or the likes either but it would be nice if I could travel the odd short dirt road that is in good condition to get to the final destination but not for the adventure riding that most of you do.

The likes of the Transalp that has touring capability like the screen and is comfy,preferably something larger than a single cylinder, possibly  a twin or a triple.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated as I know I can trust most people on this forum and in all probably won't be shafted as I have just been shafted by a so called reputable Bike Shop in the Western Cape.

I have not resorted to naming and shaming yet as I am still awaiting feedback from the Owners regarding this matter.