Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Angry Riding  (Read 916 times)

Online DavidMorrisXp

Re: Angry Riding
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 10:14:16 pm »
One of the reasons I sold the 1200... Too easy to do those speeds in the wrong state of mind.

Precisely why I have said goodbye to superbikes.

Slow and lazy 701 already too fast. :biggrin:

I said goodbye to superbikes because it takes me hours to stand up straight again after riding
Check out my YouTube channel, please like & subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUyKBSrBu-N5oswrTlAhphQ

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 10:15:01 pm »
One of the reasons I sold the 1200... Too easy to do those speeds in the wrong state of mind.

Precisely why I have said goodbye to superbikes.

Slow and lazy 701 already too fast. :biggrin:

I said goodbye to superbikes because it takes me hours to stand up straight again after riding

:imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Kamanya

• Global Moderator
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Andrew to everyone
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 10:39:00 pm »
There's something about surviving an intentional "Fuck you! Fuck everything!".

That mood when you don't give a fuck and dare the world to shout back at you for taking it to its limits. When you twist the throttle and dare the bike to quit before you do.

I've had a couple....

Later when I was calmer, I knew that then, the smallest mistake or road imperfection could have easily killed me, I was soooo more grateful and released from my jag duivels.

Surviving those times are cathartic.
I wonder where that gravel road goes? And that, has usually made all the difference. (Apologies to Mr Frost)

You want to have a stable Picture & Video host?

https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg?Coupon=7ovFBQhdrwnZw

Offline WildWood

• Real dual-sport adventure tours
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2020, 11:44:38 pm »
Iíve been riding all the subways and steps around Newlands and Claremont during lockdown. Taken the dB killer out of one of the 690ís and acting like a complete delinquent. Just 15 or 20 minutes now and then has helped to keep me sane. Great stress relief.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2020, 08:50:29 am »
I don't lose my temper ever, my son has cabin fever and got personal this morning, I never open the taps when I'm angry either, this morning I said I was going shopping and clocked 230km/h maybe 15 times and ended up in Wellington from Blouberg. I'm calm now but a bit scared that I found the 990 limits, the bike doesn't have limits, it's all about tyres - loosing grip at 200+ and recovering is fucking scary but awesome. Anyway, needed that burn, equilibrium at home and all is well. Just a bit of a rant.

Ja, we have all been there.  As long as we remember it is not our best idea and try not doing it again.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2020, 01:26:33 pm »
My topic heading would be Angry NOT Riding! :BangHead:

Making no comment on the speeds you guys are flying at, just that you're riding - and getting away with it. ???  While my bikes sit with the batteries on the bench, the tyres going pap and the petrol in the tanks probably going 'off' if it's not evaporating away.  :(

No one I know is riding at all except the guy down the block with the Aprillia V4 Factory who just goes to the shop and back I think - and even then I couldn't fly with him!  :eek7:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

Offline threeper

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2020, 01:32:36 pm »

That mood when you don't give a fuck and dare the world to shout back at you for taking it to its limits. When you twist the throttle and dare the bike to quit before you do.

I've had a couple....

Later when I was calmer, I knew that then, the smallest mistake or road imperfection could have easily killed me, I was soooo more grateful and released from my jag duivels.

well put, it is cathartic to let the black wolf out for a bit.
think it is very bad to never give him some freedom coz then he will start biting you on the inside.

Offline ShaunF

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2020, 02:31:02 pm »
I normally remove a cupboard door with my fist but lucky I have a good friend that is a carpenter and he then fixes them and then ask bad day ?
 :)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2020, 04:28:47 pm »

I've had a couple....

think it is very bad to never give him some freedom coz then he will start biting you on the inside.

This is why superbikes are good, you let the black wolf out a bit, then simply outrun it. >:D

Offline threeper

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2020, 07:58:56 pm »

I've had a couple....

This is why superbikes are good, you let the black wolf out a bit, then simply outrun it. >:D

true but my wrists, lower back get so sore now

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2020, 09:02:39 pm »
I don't easily get mad, but there are times when my speed demon takes over, can't really explain it, but just riding waaay over the limit for a while, that is why the hooligan in me has to be fed every so often, did monthly trackdays with a 1000 RSVR Aprilia for many years, and now I race BMW cars to get my fix......aaaargh we cant race right now due to lockdown......getting frustrated! Driving at full boost with my XT Forester when it's groceries time!
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2020, 10:40:57 am »
I've had those moments too, everybody has I reckon.
I remember riding like a complete idiot, slithering over wet smooth tar strewn with autumn leaves, spinning the (bald of course, no money those days) rear and having to evade/correct going onto the opposite lane which just happened to have an opening when I needed it..... so I stopped and had a good uitkak with myself ! ! !
This was on my Kawa 350/3, with zero handling and even less brakes (useless drum up front), if anything a hooligan deathtrap but the engine either prutteled or screamed, bleddy awesome!
Oh, and it vibrated so bad that it cracked the frame and exhausts (and yes, wish I had it still!).
Had a smoke also, and after this private uitkak I rode on again.... exactly the same as I had been doing of course, my masochistic selftalk had had zero effect  :P

But with age at least some self-preservation comes, and I've found out that going silly on a closed track (trackday!) is muuuch better: no curbs, no traffic, lampposts, signs, pedestrians, diesel-spilling buses or lost building materials/tools on the road, it's only you against the track - much safer, and if you do koop a plaas then there's runoff, your ATGATT and your gardian angel :P
Go do a trackday if you feel shitty or in need to get those gremlins out!  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020