Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: If you cant find a 2T buy a Pre Sling or Slingshot  (Read 768 times)

Online ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: If you cant find a 2T buy a Pre Sling or Slingshot
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2020, 04:24:24 pm »
 :lol8: :lol8: :laughing4: :laughing4: :imaposer: :imaposer:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2020, 04:26:54 pm »
So jy wil dit doen?!!! ;) :lol8:

Them kreefsmokkelaars are a naughty bunch hey.
Looks like they could be tjommies of Subie back in the day. ;) :lol8:

My mense daai . Moet nog vroegaand wees  :imaposer: :ricky:

Hulle staan nog. :biggrin:

As dit was vir die tipe javels by rallys nie, was die Buffalo net nog n kerkkamp.

Offline JacoM

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2020, 08:18:21 am »

Nee hel "hoe ver kan ons daal met Afrikaans" !  :lol8:
Doe u"Willdogs is nie heeltemal onskuldig ;)
wie onthou van die eerste WD bashes by Stonehege Tankwa Tented kamp, waar 990 teen HP "kop aan kop"gerev is? Was vroeg oggend nadat Bolandse huiswyn goed geloop het. Ek "vermoed"Stoetie en Berm Rooster sal kan beaam of dit gebeur het? ;)
of dalk ook nie.. :biggrin:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2020, 08:20:22 am »

Nee hel "hoe ver kan ons daal met Afrikaans" !  :lol8:
Doe u"Willdogs is nie heeltemal onskuldig ;)
wie onthou van die eerste WD bashes by Stonehege Tankwa Tented kamp, waar 990 teen HP "kop aan kop"gerev is? Was vroeg oggend nadat Bolandse huiswyn goed geloop het. Ek "vermoed"Stoetie en Berm Rooster sal kan beaam of dit gebeur het? ;)
of dalk ook nie.. :biggrin:

Dis seker daai HP2 wat Dennis nou aan't opbou is? :pot:

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2020, 05:04:05 pm »
Stellenbosch long-suffering little bike shop, Stellenbosch bikes, belong to Herman Geldenhuys.

Herman had a pre-sling many years ago, and for two years he revved the shit out of that machine at every opportunity, usually daily.

One evening he was at it again, on the pavement in front of the old Castle bar, when a valve broke off it's head, which went straight through the piston.

Luckily no fire, but Herman's oil spillage, a line about 5 meters long out the exhaust, left a mark on that pavement that lasted years.

If forced to an answer on the question of the toughest engine ever in a motorcycle, it would be the oilcooled pre-sling GSX-R.

What about the aircooled GSX motor........? I don;t think that it's actually possible to blow one of those things up.

The 1100 was bulletproof whereas the 750 ran big end bearings for fun
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2020, 05:05:13 pm »
Stellenbosch long-suffering little bike shop, Stellenbosch bikes, belong to Herman Geldenhuys.

Herman had a pre-sling many years ago, and for two years he revved the shit out of that machine at every opportunity, usually daily.

One evening he was at it again, on the pavement in front of the old Castle bar, when a valve broke off it's head, which went straight through the piston.

Luckily no fire, but Herman's oil spillage, a line about 5 meters long out the exhaust, left a mark on that pavement that lasted years.

If forced to an answer on the question of the toughest engine ever in a motorcycle, it would be the oilcooled pre-sling GSX-R.

What about the aircooled GSX motor........? I don;t think that it's actually possible to blow one of those things up.

Roller bearing and white metal bearings
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Saddle Up

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2020, 07:26:07 pm »

Jip. I still can't understand how  Suzuki worked that one out
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:27:02 pm by Saddle Up »
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline Vuurmaker

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2020, 07:43:03 pm »
Not a presling

But a 92 GSXR1127M, oil cooled, stock standard, to the screen, exhaust and paintjob, even the seat

Bought it from my Nephew some years ago

It's my forever bike

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline sidetrack

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2020, 08:03:34 pm »
Not a presling

But a 92 GSXR1127M, oil cooled, stock standard, to the screen, exhaust and paintjob, even the seat

Bought it from my Nephew some years ago

It's my forever bike

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Nice  :thumleft:
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline Sam

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2020, 09:37:01 am »

Ja - meant the 1100 with the roller bearing crank. Same motor as Katana if I remember correctly?

Offline Wayne

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2020, 10:27:15 am »
Probably not everyone's taste, but I like it.

https://www.bikeexif.com/gsxr-1100-custom
May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.