Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: How Harley-Davidson Killed Itself  (Read 3354 times)

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
Re: How Harley-Davidson Killed Itself
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2020, 09:22:59 am »
Ironically KTM is picking up on this genre - ready to race orange expensive gear with a spray on Brad Binder tat to cement the thought.

Remember the toaster.

A fucking toaster!

I mean, I have KTM gloves, T-shirt, jacket, buff... but I draw the line at owning a fucking branded KTM toaster. If you own a KTM toaster I label you the same as people who stick the Apple sticker he got with his Ipad on the back of their cars, you KTM toaster okes and the Apple morons are equal twatwaffles in my eyes.

I have a KTM toaster. as well as a tent, chair, mug, dogfood bowl, rubber duck and  and a cuckoo clock with a little man on a KTM popping out and revving its engine on the hour. Also KTM stickers on just about everything I own. I've never denied the fact that I'm a moron and a twatwaffle, I've embraced it.

Makes 2 of us Ben. I have a KTM doormat and bottle opener as well :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline BuRP

« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2020, 10:27:47 am »
I have a KTM ..... rubber duck

:-\
I only now realize they have this.... and I don't!
Shit, will have to have a better look next time, I thought my gumboots (which I have filthened up to "Wuss" already!   :3some: ) were very suited for in my bathroom - and don't judge me here please, I have a very sensitive and tender personality.
That clock sounds awesome btw, will start saving for it as from now!  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2020, 01:11:34 pm »
Seems Harley could learn bout lifestyle from KTM
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Bensien

« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2020, 02:40:30 pm »

The difference is that that KTM isnít trying to sell a lifestyle or a degree of exclusivity. Their biking wear is good quality and competitively priced with other high end brands ,  while the wrist watches, wallets, sunglasses etc. are similar to what many other automotive brands sell  The other goods are mostly fun items, intended to bring a smile and not aimed at pretentious people with sophisticated tastes.
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • What me worry?
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2020, 03:18:24 pm »

The difference is that that KTM isnít trying to sell a lifestyle or a degree of exclusivity. Their biking wear is good quality and competitively priced with other high end brands ,  while the wrist watches, wallets, sunglasses etc. are similar to what many other automotive brands sell  The other goods are mostly fun items, intended to bring a smile and not aimed at pretentious people with sophisticated tastes.

I think you are being a romantic. There is no difference. Both are motivated by lucre.

But on a Harley you have heritage an a sweet history. I donít see no biker gangs in flieks on their ktm s cod they all at home making soggy toast circles.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:20:59 pm by IceCreamMan »

Offline Grunder

« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2020, 03:52:46 pm »
Ek gaan vreet eerder Donfords se muffins op.

Nee o donner...... :eek7:

Ek hoop nie ek word ooit met n pistool voor n keuse gestel; "Motorrad" of Harley"........

:lol8:
Laat my dink aan 'n grappie.

Man stap bar toe nadat hy uit die badkamer kom. 
Barman: Hoekom is jy so bleek?
Man: Ek was besig om te pee toe druk 'n man 'n pistool teen my kop en sÍ ek moet hom 'n blowjob gee of hy skiet my kop af.
Barman:  En? Wat het jy gemaak?
Man: Wel, jy het nie 'n skoot gehoor nie het jy?

:pot:
F800gs

Offline Grunder

« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2020, 03:54:24 pm »
Ironically KTM is picking up on this genre - ready to race orange expensive gear with a spray on Brad Binder tat to cement the thought.

Remember the toaster.

A fucking toaster!

I mean, I have KTM gloves, T-shirt, jacket, buff... but I draw the line at owning a fucking branded KTM toaster. If you own a KTM toaster I label you the same as people who stick the Apple sticker he got with his Ipad on the back of their cars, you KTM toaster okes and the Apple morons are equal twatwaffles in my eyes.

I have a KTM toaster. as well as a tent, chair, mug, dogfood bowl, rubber duck and  and a cuckoo clock with a little man on a KTM popping out and revving its engine on the hour. Also KTM stickers on just about everything I own. I've never denied the fact that I'm a moron and a twatwaffle, I've embraced it.

Makes 2 of us Ben. I have a KTM doormat and bottle opener as well :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=250651.0   :deal:
F800gs

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2020, 04:49:49 pm »

I think you are being a romantic. There is no difference. Both are motivated by lucre.

But on a Harley you have heritage an a sweet history. I donít see no biker gangs in flieks on their ktm s cod they all at home making soggy toast circles.

And getting ready to race.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 04:51:01 pm by Odd Dog »
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline BuRP

Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline madmax

• Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2020, 09:45:50 am »
i used to love wearing my hd store tshirts while riding my gs Ö made people wonder a bit it seems
fornicate the proletariat

Offline heinzz

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2020, 12:32:41 pm »
i used to love wearing my hd store tshirts while riding my gs Ö made people wonder a bit it seems

More often than not I am wearing my HD helmet when riding my GS. In town most of the time. :thumleft:

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2020, 01:40:58 pm »
Must say I have ridden quite a few Harleys... never been impressed because all the Heritage seems to be giving these last few years is shoddy brakes, rubbish handling, pathetic performance and poor workmanship with overinflated pricing in an era where there is no excuse anymore.... Then I rode the Indians.... loved the Scout.... stonking motor, and just felt right in all areas....  :thumleft:

Make no mistake I like Harley... but their product has been poor for quite a few years now... :-[ :(
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline madmax

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2020, 07:04:36 am »
Must say I have ridden quite a few Harleys... never been impressed because all the Heritage seems to be giving these last few years is shoddy brakes, rubbish handling, pathetic performance and poor workmanship with overinflated pricing in an era where there is no excuse anymore.... Then I rode the Indians.... loved the Scout.... stonking motor, and just felt right in all areas....  :thumleft:

Make no mistake I like Harley... but their product has been poor for quite a few years now... :-[ :(
im quite happy with my ultra..had to turf back shocks though..2013 model... and my 98 softail i love with passion

Offline madmax

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2020, 07:05:13 am »

do look at Indians with long eyes but my ship just wont come in

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2020, 02:43:37 pm »

do look at Indians with long eyes but my ship just wont come in

Agree Max....I see Indian are starting to get seriously into racing in the US... back to their roots it seems.... built a factory bike for hill-climbing with a factory backed team :thumleft:

Harley needs to take a leaf from Indian...  ;)
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreaminí ....
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2020, 02:39:19 pm »
HD 338 to be built in China leaked. Don't think this model will go down well with the tassel and chrome gang

https://advrider.com/harley-davidson-338r-image-leaked/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:44:42 pm by sidetrack »
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Help make the TSAT a reality
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=241580.msg4325284#msg4325284

Offline chicco

• Forum Whore
  • This site contains cookies.....
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2020, 03:15:34 pm »
A follow up video.

KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Merchandisers
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2020, 09:52:46 am »
Harley is a viable brand. It will survive.

Might not have the range or all the gizmos but it will survive.

I think if they retreat like this then they will stand a chance..

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/25/business/harley-davidson-india-exit/index.html
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • What me worry?
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2020, 10:41:46 am »
Harley is a viable brand. It will survive.

Might not have the range or all the gizmos but it will survive.

I think if they retreat like this then they will stand a chance..

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/25/business/harley-davidson-india-exit/index.html

I agree. India was a crap market for HD. Itís a hero Honda type market not a Harley market. In time it will be though.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • What me worry?
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2020, 01:07:44 pm »
Apparently according to motoring scribes Harley will No longer bring the sportster range to Europe from2021 due to euro 5 emissions coming into play. The sportster is a big seller an is a ďgateway ď Harley.

Hope they working on a liquid cooled motor for a new sportster range. We wait n see.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 08:58:45 pm by IceCreamMan »