Rade tank cleanout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geopat

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Hey guys I'm updating my setup on the 690 for desert riding, previously I used pioneer plastic 5l cans on a toys to go rack for my extra fuel but that means my luggage has to sit up high behind me and water needs to be carried in a backpack which isn't ideal. So I got myself a rade underseat tank for fuel which allowed me to use one side of my rack for water so it's no longer on my back which works well but now I have scored a set of rally raid evo 1 front tanks so I dont need the plastic cans anymore and can fit soft luggage on the racks and keep the weight low (and not struggle to swing my short legs over the seat Haha) now my question is do you guys recon it will be possible to clean the rade tank well enough to be able to store water in there? Has anyone tried that before? And lastly can anyone see any problems with this setup that I may be missing and maybe suggest some budget friendly soft panniers that fit the toys to go rack