Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GOING FOR A RIDE  (Read 966 times)

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
Re: GOING FOR A RIDE
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 05:11:40 pm »
All my bikes have covered more ground over the previous couple of months than in the last year!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 05:24:20 pm »
They have fixed roadblocks around Cape Town.

If you dont know where they are - look on Google Maps at 8am during the very low peak traffic - switch on the Traffic view.

All roadblocks show up in nice dark red colour  :P

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 05:29:47 pm »
I think when the ban lifts we should have the first weekend the WC bash and from there we ride to the EC bash sommer in the middle of the week and then we ride to the Freestate for the national bash the weekend after and then on the way back we rest at Veldtie for the Thumper bash...................................all in one go!!! ;) :lol8: :drif: :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline MildlyWild

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 05:57:48 pm »
They have fixed roadblocks around Cape Town.

If you dont know where they are - look on Google Maps at 8am during the very low peak traffic - switch on the Traffic view.

All roadblocks show up in nice dark red colour  :P

Will have to check if there are road blocks around Ceres...
As a man thinketh, so he becomes...

Offline 73 Peanut

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2020, 06:04:56 pm »
I am going for a ride this Sunday without a number plate or disc and will not be stopping if chased as I will be kitted for the dirt . I will try stay off the black stuff as much as possible as it could become a massive problem if caught . Not worth stopping as I will get locked up .

Offline Andre01

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 07:18:48 pm »

There is a roadblock just before you enter karoopoort, where you turn right towards Touwsrivier. My brother in law works for eskom, he went to their substation three times during lockdown and got the roadblock there on two occasions 8am in the morning and coming back 15h00.

Offline MildlyWild

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 08:28:42 pm »

There is a roadblock just before you enter karoopoort, where you turn right towards Touwsrivier. My brother in law works for eskom, he went to their substation three times during lockdown and got the roadblock there on two occasions 8am in the morning and coming back 15h00.

Will be surprised if there's not one this side before Ceres as well, seeing that it's a hotspot.  Hopefully from 1 Jun they wont bother too much.
As a man thinketh, so he becomes...

Offline Andre01

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 08:46:12 am »

Will be surprised if there's not one this side before Ceres as well, seeing that it's a hotspot.  Hopefully from 1 Jun they wont bother too much.
Spoke to him just now. He was working there whole of yesterday only finishing at 1am this morning. Roadblock was there...

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A Prime using Tapatalk

Offline Appel

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 09:12:41 am »
Been riding the last couple of Sundays. But living in Hermanus its easy. Couple of K's and I'm on gravel.