Central Java, Indonesia 3 day ride (30 May - 1 June 2020)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
We have varying states of "lock down" here with each province deciding how to implement it and how strictly. For most part its soft lock down meaning masks, limited movement between provinces, social distancing, limited operations on some business such as malls and restaurants. I enjoy my weekend rides to explore Central Java and wanted to use a public holiday here on the 1st of June to travel a little further and see 3 towns I had not seen yet (Pekolongan, Purwokerto and Cilacap). The last town was to see old Dutch fort left over from when Indonesia was a Dutch colony. My route planning on all these trips is to stay off main roads and use the back roads and where possible to find more remote scenic routes. I wont go into too much details and prefer to let pics do the talking. Weapon of choice is 155cc Yamaha Aerox. Big bikes useless here and some of the route I did on this trip are best left to plastics but she never missed a beat. Plenty of parts available, light on fuel, every town has mechanics... and you blend in more especially in more remote locations.

Pics with brief description and the map of the route to follow. Total distance 818 km, minimum elevation 1m, maximum elevation 1915m.

Attachments

• Route on Google Earth.JPG
    Route on Google Earth.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 20200531_134906.jpg
    20200531_134906.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Elevation.JPG
    Elevation.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 200