Paul Sauer Dam (Kouga Dam) via muddy Elands River Road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Gromit, Q8 and myself left from the Spar in Kraggakamma Road at 7am this morning and headed out towards Rocklands via all the gravel we could find. We went up Butterfield road and then along the gravel roads going parallel to the N2 all the way to the railway line at the end of Cape Road. The road was wet and slippery and I thought to myself that if all the roads are like this itâ??s going to be a looong day.

It felt like we were riding in rural Africa â??cos at one stage we went through about 80 cows being herded down the road to the grazing mess hall and there were kids and local farm workers with a huge babbalas everywhere.

From Rocklands we hit the normal â??boringâ? Elands River road and I was hoping that the wet weather would spice it up a little and make it more technical. The road was surprisingly dry with some puddles here and there. We started of slow and eased into it and soon discovered all the different types of surfaces and their properties. (The red and yellow stuff is damn slippery)

We never really struggled but each one of us had some close calls that we would boast about every time we stopped for a pic or smoke break. 

Attachments

• DSCN3524.JPG
    DSCN3524.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCN3525.JPG
    DSCN3525.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN3527.JPG
    DSCN3527.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN3529.JPG
    DSCN3529.JPG