SPOT LIGHT UPGRADE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I fitted a set of spots on my 1190 , mounted under the headlight . Used the plastic cover as a mounting base. looks are ok and works well , I have since managed to acquire a set of KTM spot mount brackets that will move the spots slightly more outboard and possibly give a better spread of light . I do not run my spots 24-7 on . used mostly in bad light conditions , Main reason is that my bike came with a orange headlight protector and at night its not much use , Now I can hear you say , " take it off at night" I so seldon ride after dark it has not become a problem . and I have the spots .
My question to those in the know , Current LED spot is rated at 10w, I also have a set that has 2x 10w leds in one light , bought them on the wish platform and they arrived very late , was refunded for no delivery , and then one day , parcel at my post office . I wanted to mount them on the crash bar , but not a great idea . My question , will the charging system handle a 40w in extra lights? up from my current 20w to 40w?
As std my bike only has the DLR leds on in the daytime , the dim goes on only when in low light conditions . I like the look . mite not be the best but I like it . I have seem many Adventure bike riders that keep their spots on all the time . the current set on my bike has 3 options , Bright , dim and flashing. Not sure if the 20w ones has a similar option , if so then maybe a good option to use the dim in day time ?
As these bikes are finicky with battery power dont want to end up stranded with a dead battery, mains on , heated grips on , and spots , mite not do the system good . what the opinion?