Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike Licence  (Read 268 times)

Offline DR BIG 750

Bike Licence
« on: June 24, 2020, 05:45:29 am »
Anyone have any licence contacts, Buddy learners expired and trying to get a new bike, he booked on line as per portal instructions the went  to Marlboro dept to pay,2 hrs plus in q to be be told that appointment is''nt valid, cant give any answers on how to book just the vacant stare.... Any one suggest any alternates to get booking or licence, :-[ :-[
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline JonS

Re: Bike Licence
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:45:37 am »
A friend of mine had the same issue here in Cape Town.

Apparently they are not taking any new apps while they work through the backlog.

"The renewal of driversí licences and the renewal of professional driving permits (PrDP) will be prioritised. All new applications for learnerís or driving tests, including applications for duplicate learner's licence will be put on hold until full recovery. All other DLTC services, including conversion of driving licenses in terms of section 23 of the NRTA, will be put on hold until full recovery"

Offline Jacobsroodt

• vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • Carpe Diem (in Afrikaans: Life's short, Ride hard)
    • West Coast Parts
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 10:53:07 am »
Yip. I have a 16 year old wanting to go for his learners. It is going to be a long wait.
BoosterPlug, LED Spots, Tool Tubes, RustStop, Kappa Screens, Top boxes, Tank Bags, ATG Gear - whatever works for me.

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 05:37:47 pm »
I got mine done in Meyerton, pre-booked. But while there they told me they still do walk-ins after 12 noon. Can't phone them coz they don't answer and it's along drive there. But, pre-booked was quick. I'd be sceptical of walk-ins these days, the queues are f-ing long ...................

I've also been told that Westonaria/Randfontein/Potch is good. Can't confirm, though.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!