Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Drama in the High Mountains  (Read 4053 times)

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: Drama in the High Mountains
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2008, 02:11:26 am »
Jerrycan, yeppers I love it that I have GP plates here too. Its really surreal to have them here as a constant reminder of where we come from. I just need to reorder WD´s stickers too, the first batch got lost in the post :(
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008, 02:17:43 am »
Amaride ride, youre right that water is just above freezing. Fall in there with all your gear, and youre in another world of shite: Water in the helmet, hypothermic conditions and some white water to washing machine you to bits. Dont think it would be easy to get out.  :-\

Roné thanks for the well wishes  :thumleft:

Mark Hardy  :laughing4:  :laughing4:  Tell me about it.  :deal:

Actually my knee is still sore and sensitive, (bruising lasts that long??) and checking the bike over on the weekend, I saw some serious damage to the pannier lock where it locks to the frame, basically it broke clean off, and the bolts holding the frame to the bike were also damaged/broken. Need to do some repairs before the weekend when we leave on a two week tour of Ecuador.  :biggrin:
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline Fugly

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 05:25:15 am »
Great report BB  :thumleft:
Dont worry about things that arent, worry about things that are and your decisions are so much easier to make!

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 07:24:16 am »
Thanks so much for sorting out the pics.... :thumleft: . the roads and scenery in the mountains is spectacular.

ja don't use photobucket pro, they will charge you, but the standard photobucket is free.

Offline GSing

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 08:17:31 am »
WOW  :o GR8 Report, please keep them coming!

:drif:

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 05:51:48 am »
Thanks Guys ;D

MH, I used the free version of photobucket, and then all of a sudden they suspended my pics because the 10Gb of bandwidth had been used up by you guys downloading them from their site. The cheap barstids said it would stay that way till Dec 3, unless I upgrade for only $39!! "To hell with that", I said, and went and got an account with Smugmug instead, because they are upfront about their service costs. Very happy, even though it set me back $39 as well.

I highly recommend smugmug, because now I can upload much faster, without photobucket crashing my browser like it loves to, and I dont have to look at the crappy internet adverts they have here on their Latin American version. Come to think if it, I could have prolly printscreened the pics and post them in the buttism topic! Gotta love south america- They use the female anatomy to advertise averything from beer to dental treament.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:55:38 am by BlueBull2007 »

Offline Hoofseun

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Hang on
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2008, 08:30:40 am »
Been hectic the last few weeks, so catching up on all the reads.  Greate report and glad to see you two are up to it again.

Heard about the radiator story from Hardey H and will take some spare clamps for December.

I am really glad that the stream did not get hold of you, not a good prospect to drain a bike.

Go well.
"You are never to old to learn something new"

Johan Gray
BMW R 1200GS L/C

Offline letsgofishing

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2009, 08:02:33 am »
Glad to hear you're OK after the accident!
The scenery in your pics is absolutely awesome - thanks so much for the RR!
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com