and another GS 1150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XTJoe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT600
had the GS on my wish list for a long time and when i popped into Mayhems GS cave a month ago it became a have to. Cannot (well you can but i already have 2 xt's) have another biggish bike as i used it mostly for travel to work and back and then the weekend rides and have a near perfect 2012 GS800 with only 60 on the clock. On the forum i found weskusklongs fine GSA and also looked at a few other GS's on other sites and although i was more interested in a slightly weathered standard GS in case the bug bites to modify slightly  the price about same and this GSA came loaded with Ohlins and panniers- so GSA it was. Big pig arrived here a few weeks ago and it was in showroom condition ,but  my fok- its a lot of motorbike. Compared to the gs 800- lot more to maneuver but once on the go nice and relaxed and goes well . Anyway we will make turn riding it and the 800 over the next 3 months and decide on who stays and who must go.

As there is bucket list ride on the horizon with wife on the back -CT to Mpumalanga ish via all the good stuff inbetween Baviaans, Rhodes,(hopefully Lesotho) and Natal midlands towards the end of this year so we took her for a quick 200km spin to feel out the seating. Not the best of design for our chassis with passenger pegs being to high and the standard seat is pretty level and no good for mr short legs du toit and wifey that is now sitting at my level looking into my shoulders- have to change.
First tried to get standard seats from a GS or a bust seat from a GSA to modify but hoenertanne. Got hold of Chris and his a team at Flying brick who modified my 800's seat into something that works to see if you can repeat that and in the same colours.- waiting for seat to be completed and will update by next week.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-06-11 at 11.18.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-11 at 11.18.11.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 441