Undercover art

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo_za

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
Took on a restoration of a RD 350 YPVS that kept me occupied for a few years. To me it is a beautiful bike, a part of an achingly  increasingly distant youth, that must be displayed and admired, so naturally i parked it in the lounge when the wife went to the shops.

Suffice to say SWAMBO was not very pleased and ordered that it promptly be removed.....it is, seemingly, more important to have a worthless piece of furniture occupy that small area of real estate than n beautiful piece of 2T motorcycling history. So with that battle lost, and cursing under my breath for not having a man-cave to house it in, i moved it out and threw a cover over it and there it will probably remain unseen and unapreciated until further notice. Out of sight and out of mind, so to speak.

What is the point of that? Who buys a Picasso only to throw a blanket over it and pack it away? It is also not a daily driver, i am not going to ride it instead of my KLR. So what now?

I was sort of anticipating this moment / decision as the project started coming to an end, but i have been avoiding thinking about it thus far.

Now i must decide. What would you do if you in my place.....keep it stored and occasionally ride it, or sell it?