Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Parts for Honda 2010 cbr 125 (crankcase gasket)  (Read 171 times)

Offline blitzer

Parts for Honda 2010 cbr 125 (crankcase gasket)
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:45:53 am »
I have heard conflicting information wrt gasket re usability.
Can i re-use my crankcase gasket or do i need to get a new one ?
I can't seem to find a place in the roodepoort area that sell the crankcase gasket.

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
Re: Parts for Honda 2010 cbr 125 (crankcase gasket)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:57:26 am »
I have heard conflicting information wrt gasket re usability.
Can i re-use my crankcase gasket or do i need to get a new one ?
I can't seem to find a place in the roodepoort area that sell the crankcase gasket.

Startline

Offline JohnB

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:57:39 am »
I`d opt for a replacement.. as a last resort, you can try a gasket maker silicone.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline blitzer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 11:03:02 am »
Ok no re-using it thanks, i found a place to order one for R130 a few days to get in stock.
Wondering if i really need to clean the oil filter, the engine runs perfectly right now.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:28:26 am »
Ok no re-using it thanks, i found a place to order one for R130 a few days to get in stock.
Wondering if i really need to clean the oil filter, the engine runs perfectly right now.

Does it have a reusable oil filter? I would imagine it just used a regular paper filter so rather replace.

If you have just bought the bike, I would recommend a full service for peace of mind. Just my 2c.

I'm curious, why are you splitting the cases?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:28:50 am by Kortbroek »
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline raffie

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 12:05:31 pm »

I've been battling to find gaskets for Weber 40 IDF carbs that we use on our old race car. A few weeks ago, I went to local PE business, https://www.carvedunlimited.co.za/ that does laser cutting and etching etc as per website. I took them a fairly buggered sample gasket. Within a few days they produced a sample for me to check out. I bought a big chunk of Flexoid gasket material at Midas, its very cheap, 60 bucks for a big piece and Carved Unlimited then made made me 10 gaskets at a cost of 10 bucks each. They also keep the drawing on file in case you ever need another.

I think @TrailBlazer does similar laser cutting....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:06:29 pm by raffie »
Never EVER take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time.

Offline Kortbroek

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 12:07:42 pm »

I've been battling to find gaskets for Weber 40 IDF carbs that we use on our old race car. A few weeks ago, I went to local PE business, https://www.carvedunlimited.co.za/ that does laser cutting and etching etc as per website. I took them a fairly buggered sample gasket. Within a few days they produced a sample for me to check out. I bought a big chunk of Flexoid gasket material at Midas, its very cheap, 60 bucks for a big piece and Carved Unlimited then made made me 10 gaskets at a cost of 10 bucks each. They also keep the drawing on file in case you ever need another.

This is a very clever idea  :thumleft:
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline blitzer

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 01:19:53 pm »

This is nice ! Thanks Let me see if i can find someone to do this for me locally.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 01:58:58 pm »
Crankcase or clutch cover gasket?

As far as I know, crankcases are metal to metal.

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 04:27:51 pm »
I smell fish.
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline JIMMI

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 05:08:05 pm »

If i remember correctly my son's CBR125 had a sieve/strainer that had to be cleaned.  Behind the RHS casing.   I re-used the gasket.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy

May the best of today be the worst of tomorrow.