Tea and a doughnut in the Cederberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernoulli

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1100GS
When a colleague training for the Epic said they may need someone to ride backup for them on a two-day training stint they are planning in the Cederberg, I jumped at the opportunity. :drif: Thought this could be a wonderful time to venture onto reasonable (I  thought!) gravel highways - gravel for the first time  :eek: - with no pressure but the assurance that someone will miss me on the road if things were to go horribly pear-shaped  ;)

So this is what happened:

1. Bain'skloof - always wondered what the sign to "Bain's portal" means. You can clearly see the outline of the dugout.
2. View from the top of Bain's
3. Going up Mitchells' pass
4. View from the top of Gydo pass
5. Brewing a cup of tea on Gydo  :thumleft: Yes, sometimes I will enjoy a beer, but there are occasions when tea is better  :pot:

To get to the accomodation involved about 6 km's of tweespoorpaadjie travel, which included everything except mud. Being inexperienced, I nearly lost it in thick sand twice. Came to a standstill (note - STANDstill :eek:) twice facing in other directions than the one I intended to  ;D

That was Friday, rest to follow...

Attachments

• Top of Bains.jpg
    Top of Bains.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 799
  • Mitchell's pass.jpg
    Mitchell's pass.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 799
  • Gydo.jpg
    Gydo.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 786
  • Tea1.jpg