The Monkey(not), Kudus(bergpas) and home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveT

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
It has been a while, 4 years and a couple of months, since owning an adventure bike. A proper one at least with decent off road capability

Preparing for it during the weekend, before flying up to JHB, my emotions where in turmoil due to the following:
1. https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=249100.0
2. Never having test ridden the newly purchased bike but buying it on write-ups and what others have said about it on this forum. I knew I enjoyed the 800GS’s size and weight much more than the 1200GSA I had before.
3. Not having properly ridden off road for 4 years. I felt too sorry for the Ducati Scrambler (SOLD) and knew it was not really built for riding gravel. Aptly named URBAN Enduro (maybe the Desert Sled is more suited) I stayed urban during the time I owned it and most likely nursed it too much for its new owner.
4. Having limited time before the forecasted storm hits the Cape with winds of 90-100km/h and 30-40mm of rain predicted.

Anyway bags packed with riding gear, phone mount and the necessary COVID travel documents I was picked up from the house at 05:00 to be taken to Cape Town international.

15 minutes later the police diverts all traffic off the N2 going into Cape Town due to protests. I am questioning this trip again but am excited to do this and having some “recharge” time.

Fortunately we get to the airport at 05:45 and I start going through the hand sanitising, temperature measuring and paperwork in order regime.

Baggage gets checked in and I grab a coffee and muffin for breakfast. We land in JHB 20 minutes earlier than scheduled but I loose that time wandering around OR Tambo in order to find an open exit door that hasn’t been taped shut by airport security.

Quick UBER trip to [member=24549]MonkeyNot[/member]'s place where he has shown great form by collecting it from the transporter and keeping it safe. He even fitted the mirrors after they were taken off for transport and parked it outside.

I fit the RAM mount and get dressed…

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    435.2 KB · Views: 359