IDEAS TO PREVENT BIKE THEFT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Lots of FB posts on bikes being stolen , We were in Dullstroom some time ago and were warned abouit adventure bikes being stolen ,we ended up parking our bikes in our rooms . My bike is locked in my garage and the key is with me at all times . I am aware that this is not a fail safe option and that it can still be stolen . On out last December holiday I chained both bikes together , and then parked them in with my Jeep . again not 100% secure .
I am toying with the idea to have a long cable made up to lock my bikes up with , another option I have thought of is to use a crook lock , if they still available and to use this to lock the handle bar to the crash bar , add the cable , my view is that if i lock the bikes together it is just more of a headache for them to move , and will go try to find easier pickings

The idea of this post isd to possibly share ideas in hoe to best secure our pride and joy from those that only see it for the money it could bring them .

And my final thought , I wanted to have a extra spare key made fot my KTM , i have the keys , as well as the orange master key , blank key is around 2700 rand , then its still has to be programmed . What gets me is that bikes are stolen that require chip keys , and yet these guys can get it done somehow ,that it makes it worth stealing the bikes. I dont believe that they are taken across the border to be srtipped for spares , and if the case to whom do they sell the used spares , cant exactly say I have a 20 something BMW GS stripping for parts , contact so and so in MOZAMBIQUE .
Maybe , just maybe ther is a busines opertunety to start a recovery compony specializing in stolen bikes . Track thenm down , recover and break the thieves fingers  >:D