Riding out with my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRK Miller

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
My eldest son Rikus by now is a pretty good bike ride, actually better than his master Kiefo (me) who tough him most of what he knows. The rest he picked up himself as time went by. Super proud of him
So now my attention shifted to his younger brother Eben, who starting riding a 125cc pit bike of which the chassis was modified to lower the bike so that his feet could touch the ground.
Now after eating all his veggies, and had grown a pretty bit, it was time to move over to the bigger pit bike. The other one was sold as we do not expect any more siblings. A 14' rear wheel was also bought and fixed, although not 100% but 99.57%. The rear shock was also rebuild as there was no oil or seals in there, and it was making a banging sound on the way back up. The rings which were to small and cause the bike to look like a vape at full blast were also replaced. By now the bike was no more a 125 cc but something a bit bigger. Eben started riding in the yard as he had not been on a bike for a while. Soon after he moved up the road to te park where his confidence grew by the day and soon he was doing time trails around the park. It was decided we needed to take him to a track as he was getting slightly big headed about his riding abilities. At the track (vark fontein) everything slowed down as now there were obsticals, and he was taking it really easy, going around the track. Head back to size it was back to the park for some balance training at a very slow pace. Soon it was time trails again, so the weekend i decided to take him out for a ride, Springs to Endicott, wear he could say hi to his grandma. The going was slow in the beginning with lots of feet out, over the ruts, stones and railway track. After he successfully covered the  first climb up the dam wall the pace picked up slightly. We got some sand, and more rocks on the way, all with the feet out. Stopped at endicott for a cool drink, then headed back, another way with some more heaps and climbs, and he did not back down to any of them. He also did not make all of them but that did not put him off. Also the feet were coming of the pegs a lot less, and the pace was picking up slightly being that this was now familiar territory. We stopped at Grutte for a cool drink, but they were closed. So it was of back home. At Zinkor dam which is now very well known territory he gave it some nice gas, and i could see from behind the little bike looking for place to grip, as he went through the corners. All in all a awesome day out and i am super proud of what Eben achieved on this day. From here on it can only get better

Attachments

• ry saam met Eben plot toe (6)_Moment.jpg
    ry saam met Eben plot toe (6)_Moment.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 250
  • ry saam met Eben plot toe (6)_Moment(3).jpg
    ry saam met Eben plot toe (6)_Moment(3).jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 254
  • ry saam met Eben plot toe (5)_Moment.jpg
    ry saam met Eben plot toe (5)_Moment.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 251
  • ry saam met Eben plot toe (5)_Moment(3).jpg
    ry saam met Eben plot toe (5)_Moment(3).jpg