1190 Air temp sensor failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
On Sunday we went for a short ride to Cullinan, on the way home did a pitstop at the kids , and when I started the bike , warning flash , "AIR TEMP SENSOR FAILURE " thought it mite not have read all the things , turned off and restarted , still a failure . rode home .
Called my Son , who as you remember is a KTM tech, asked him how to reset , His response was that its a common failure , and a fairly easy repair . Asked him to get me a new sensor , ( R290..00 ) and we could fit it on Monday after work , No problem from him .
Did a bit of research , and on the 13/14 models the factory cable tied the sensor to the brake pipe on the lower triple clamp . with age the wire gets brittle and breaks off close to the sensor ,and one cant solder it back on , Was a easy fix , and there is a tab on the bib , next to the hooter that is made for the sensor to clip in .
Have a look if your temp sensor is clipped in next to the hooter , or zip tied to the brkae line , if zip tied , remove and clip into the tab on the bib ,
If the wire is brittle , best to order a new one and replace , Just a heads up , to do this job , head light removal is required , wire clip is behind the headlight and cant be reached .