Kruger fence run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpat

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Intro

Thanks to the COVID nonsense I have lost couple of long riding weekends in April / May. I wasn't keen to loose another one last weekend and since travel across the border was still verbotten, I decided to go and have a look at the area I haven't visited yet that promised great riding as it is probably the closest in SA one could find to resemble real Africa - a key ingredient in any real good riding here. Specifically to ride the Kruger fence all the way to Pafuri and explore the northeastern-most SA corner along Limpopo and Zim border as [member=15496]Minxy[/member] and [member=2800]Hondsekierie[/member] did few weeks and and documented here: https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=249973.0.

I woke up to the upcoming weekend too late to plot my own routes so asked for help and Mark Taylor (@JustBlipIt) and Minxy kindly provided tracks to follow - thanks a mil for that the tracks proved great!  :thumleft: Mark even wanted to join for couple of days, but then last minute work commitments prevented that.

I have been riding bush every weekend since early June in DeWidt and further up north from there along Tolwane river, including couple of ballsfreezing ovenigther bushcamps. So I was reasonably riding fit and decided  to challenge myself a bit by taking the weekend bike - the 990 hippo, instead of 500 / 690 which would be more suitable bikes for 5 day bush trip where rest day wasn't an option. I did suffer a bit later in the trip with quite a few close calls in sand when the energy reserves weren't there anymore, but managed to ride more or less everything I wanted and had plenty of fun that only excess power and unlimited S suspension can provide in the process. I might have even built some muscle from all the sweetened condensed milk I inhaled to keep going.

With that sorted I closed the home office early on Wednesday and at about 16:00 jumped on the bike and gunned it on N4 to Belfast where I slept over for early start next day.

This will be mostly picture dump with short little comments here and there.