Not my day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DR BIG 750

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S Big
So Saterday was the 1st mx race of this affected year at TT (jhb) , decided to ride there with some mates on the old bikes, (77 IT 175 82 PE 175 and 81 DR 500 and 2 youngsters on mods. we can do most of it through the veld from my place,  Off we go the DR is giving a bit of kak pretty much 1st ride since build( done during lockdown with all 2nd hand bits, A couple of km into the ride stalling cant  change gear ,(spline worn and lever is moving around, battling to start ,pain in the ass we just want to go watch the racing, Tell the IT and the 2 youngsters  to head on to track. we will (DR 500 and PE) will leg it home on the tar and swop bikes. So I get home and pick up my KLX 450 . Have not ridden it 9month. . time is getting on so just check the gas and of we go. get back on to the single path veld and we crising a bit to get there. Me on the 450 and my buddy on my PE. I feel quite loose around the corners and middel mannetjie, I think well it s very loose stone and I havnt been trail riding for ages, Next little sweep I go  around front goes over a rut and lets go down off camber bit, try to save it but alas I plough into the rocky burnt grass veld... Bang.. I am lying there winded to fuck ,,, my bud stops gets the bike off me and checks me out, very eina, 5mins later I get up try sort myself out, check the bike 2 punctures back and front, Get up and continue on to track. , get there I am feeling it properly now, pop into the medics at track for running repairs, My arm needs a stitch or 2 the rock pulled a piece out of my forearm. my chest is sore advise me to go for xray. well we here now  so watch the racing and help out a bud who is racing, Fortunatly the mobile bike shop is at the track on the day. Still got to get home , get 2 tubes fitted both ripped at valve(too soft) Watch the racing come 430  time to head home , Very sore now so I decide to go tar road on thw PE much plusher seat and ride, Get home pop some pain killers and hit the sack. Next morning my vok this sore so go off to the hospital... 2 broken ribs as well . .... some days are diamonds some days listen to the signs take the bakkie :thumleft:  so off the bikes for a few weeks :-\