Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Oil Leak on Husky 610  (Read 1092 times)

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Oil Leak on Husky 610
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2020, 02:36:56 pm »
I am the seller. I have not been silent and was in contact with SvR as soon as the matter came to my attention here. I intentionally told him I did not wish to get into a character assassination by social media on WD, yet here we are! I am also Admin on this thread so have kept out of the discussion, despite feeling it could benefit from some moderation.

There are indeed two sides to every story Ė feel free to message me. The bike was pristine and my pride and joy, it was pimped and pampered with no expense spared (and this has been well documented here). All preventative fixes were completed, and maintenance and servicing was always meticulously done. It never gave me any problems in the years I had it and the many adventure trips done. I sold the bike with pride and a clear conscience. Those who know me, my ethics and my bikes will know this truth.

"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline SvR

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2020, 04:22:58 pm »
Great. So so the please answer the questions, I sent you on WhattsApp.  You did not. Only one selfserving message.
And the question I forwarded you from a third party that asked a very valid question regarding the oil breather pipe.

I challenge you again to take this back, seeing as its such a brilliant example.
A 4000 dollar hooker with VD still has VD. No matter what she looks like.
Surely if it so, good it will sell within days.

Send me your address and I get it done. I'll even pay the transport. I challenge you to do the right thing

Moderate away. The Gestapo have all the power. I  do not scare by such threats.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:33:05 pm by SvR »

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2020, 09:13:05 pm »
Private to Private Sales/Transactions means no Cost to Seller to Repair, or the old term " voetstoots " or "as is"...........or am I missing something??

Buyer Beware sort of thing??
XT 600 Tenere

Offline Piglettw200

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2020, 10:14:53 pm »
  Yes the bike was sold as is ....BUT it was not sold by some random add ... it was one of the group

We all know European Bikes are temperamental.

And I know it is buyer beware ... BUT I saw the add and what the  seller was saying about the bike .......He did place photo's of the bike.

He said the Bike was pristine and is pride and joy with nothing spared on Mods and upkeep ...... I kn w some things that were wrong when he sold it and this was fixed by someone else .. Oil breather pipe in the wrong position and wiring at the headlight all stuffed ....

Both parties were in lockdown 1000 km away from each other .... So inspection not  an option so trusting someones word sometimes does not go well ....

What the bike looks like is deceptive as you can bling and  polish something up ....... unlike the 25 year old bike I had that looked like a chickens roosting stand ,but it started when you wanted it to start and would go anywhere anytime without any hassles .......... Perhaps Pristine bikes are only something to look at .

Fact is ...

52 000 is a lot of money
The bike was only used for commuting  since the new owner .
 It has been in for repair with various people .. not just for 1 issue ...... in the repair shop more than on the road ......
And as I said mechanical things break down ( European things ) more that others .... but not as much as this ..

If the Seller  are such an honourable and upstanding person and can say with hand on hart that there was nothing wrong with the bike .... Then after it has cost the new owner over 5 G to fix after only 400 odd KM on the road and back in the shop again ...... Then buy it back ,, you will get a better bike back because you will get a fixed bike back that you can call your pride and joy again ..

Why does someone sell their pride and joy anyway .... unless it  is disappointing them ...

Feel  free to contact me or bump me  sue me .. If no one said anything then where would we be as a group .....

Also I will say that I am SVR brother and can attest to his honesty ..... So can all the people that know him .......

That is also why I stuck my spoon in ...... I dont care ... He did not ask the questions here  so I did ..... His question  was only about an oil  leak  .....

So I know who said what and there is always a email, txt , trail and the repair receipts  .

klein varkie

Offline Lars

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Oh well...
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2020, 10:51:32 pm »
I don't get the Gestapo bullshit being brought up. I think this should be resolved between buyer and seller and not in public. Starts to look like people are ganging up. Not the WD ways of resolving things.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline SvR

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2020, 10:55:52 pm »
Private to Private Sales/Transactions means no Cost to Seller to Repair, or the old term " voetstoots " or "as is"...........or am I missing something??

Buyer Beware sort of thing??
There used to be integrity and honesty among thia group.
I bought a bike here while working in Turkey and it was beyond what I expected.
I can send you the detailed message I received from the seller extolling the virtues of the bike and what he has done.

And  then I get a bike that is nowhere near its promise.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:15:49 am by SvR »

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2020, 11:01:56 pm »
  Yes the bike was sold as is ....BUT it was not sold by some random add ... it was one of the group

We all know European Bikes are temperamental.

And I know it is buyer beware ... BUT I saw the add and what the  seller was saying about the bike .......He did place photo's of the bike.

He said the Bike was pristine and is pride and joy with nothing spared on Mods and upkeep ...... I kn w some things that were wrong when he sold it and this was fixed by someone else .. Oil breather pipe in the wrong position and wiring at the headlight all stuffed ....

Both parties were in lockdown 1000 km away from each other .... So inspection not  an option so trusting someones word sometimes does not go well ....

What the bike looks like is deceptive as you can bling and  polish something up ....... unlike the 25 year old bike I had that looked like a chickens roosting stand ,but it started when you wanted it to start and would go anywhere anytime without any hassles .......... Perhaps Pristine bikes are only something to look at .

Fact is ...

52 000 is a lot of money
The bike was only used for commuting  since the new owner .
 It has been in for repair with various people .. not just for 1 issue ...... in the repair shop more than on the road ......
And as I said mechanical things break down ( European things ) more that others .... but not as much as this ..

If the Seller  are such an honourable and upstanding person and can say with hand on hart that there was nothing wrong with the bike .... Then after it has cost the new owner over 5 G to fix after only 400 odd KM on the road and back in the shop again ...... Then buy it back ,, you will get a better bike back because you will get a fixed bike back that you can call your pride and joy again ..

Why does someone sell their pride and joy anyway .... unless it  is disappointing them ...

Feel  free to contact me or bump me  sue me .. If no one said anything then where would we be as a group .....

Also I will say that I am SVR brother and can attest to his honesty ..... So can all the people that know him .......

That is also why I stuck my spoon in ...... I dont care ... He did not ask the questions here  so I did ..... His question  was only about an oil  leak  .....

So I know who said what and there is always a email, txt , trail and the repair receipts  .

klein varkie

I hate to read stories like this as I'd hope things should be sorted out between the two parties.  Lets hope things will eventually hey? 

Having just sold my pride and joy, not because I was disappointed with the bike but because I am still on unpaid leave due to this covid bs and have some bills to pay, I find it slightly amiss that you think you should keep a bike indefinitely or until you find it disappointing.  By no means do I advocate either the buyer's or the seller's stories here but I don't have the full story from either so would rather reserve my judgement.

My hope is that the OP gets a kief scoot and the seller clears his name.  Let's try be friends here.  Just as an aside:  I had someone interested in my pride and joy who sent a friend around to check the scoot out.  The gent took it for a test ride and seemed happy with the bike.  He ven phoned the buyer in my presence and said he was happy for his mate to buy the bike.  As he leaves, my kids ask me to take them for a little ride around the block which i duly did. As I took the second child for a ride the bike starts to splutter and ride poorly to the extent that i couldn't take the third child for a ride.

A little long-winded i know but the point is that that the bike is a mechanical device that can break at any given moment.  Again, I'm in nobodies corner here, just my point of view.

Truly hope this gets resolved quickly.
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline SvR

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2020, 11:14:47 pm »
I don't get the Gestapo bullshit being brought up. I think this should be resolved between buyer and seller and not in public. Starts to look like people are ganging up. Not the WD ways of resolving things.

Why threaten with moderation?  Read his post. Where did anybody name this person or call him anything?
I called the bike a pig in a poke.....that's mild. It smacks of petty power mentioning moderation.
I've said worse than that.

I had to wait for a reply on whattsap. Received a single one, much like his post here and then radio silence. So much so that I left him a voicenote saying I wont communicate with him again.

As.for ganging up on him. Piglet is his own man. I showed him.the texts and he responded on his own.

Fact remains I've not had so much crap, in such a short period of time, from all the bikes I've owned combined.

Where has the integrity, decency and honesty that was a trademark of this forum gone.

This is not the forum I joined years ago.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 05:00:24 am by SvR »

Offline Psycho Porra

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Sworn To Fun and Loyal To Rum
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2020, 11:53:25 pm »
NONE of those bikes have had issues. You are welcome to contact Physco Porra re the bike he got so I could buy this.

I can vouch for the above. I bought SVRís Xt660R without seeing or riding the bike and have not had one issue with it. What I got was a great machine that has not given me any hassles and it rides like a dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KTM990, XT660R

"The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all"

The following users thanked this post: SvR

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2020, 12:13:35 am »

Why threaten with moderation?  Read his post. Where did anybody name this person or call him anything?
I called the bike a pig in a poke.....that's mild. It smacks of petty power mentioning moderation.
I've said worse than that.

I had to wait for a reply on whattsap. Received a single one, much like his post here and then radio silence. So much so that I left him a voicenote saying I wont communicate with him again.

As.for ganging up on him. Piglet is his own man. I showed him.the texts and he responded on his own.

Fact remains I've not had so much crap, in such a short period of time, from all the bikes I've owned combined.

Where has the integrity, decency and honesty that was a trademark of this forum.
It's gone

Must say, being a newbie here.....I've bought several biking items here INCLUDING a bike, sight unseen, and that was ONLY because one can "feel" the decency and integrity on this Forum, as SVR puts it, and that is ONE thing that everyone should jealously "guard".

Otherwise, this is just another Gumtree site.......and it's NOT, believe me, I've been taken aback a few times reading what the Guys in here are made of.

Hope you Guys get this sorted, really really do. :thumleft:
XT 600 Tenere

Offline Lars

• Race Dog
  • Oh well...
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2020, 08:57:32 am »
Hold on. All I said is that I take offence that the OP compares moderators on the forum with the Gestapo. I have bought and sold bikes and other stuff here and never had any issues. I have dealt with the seller of the bike in question in the past when I had my 610 and got to know him as a very helpful and nice person. If you read through this thread and check who commented on the issues (Blazes, Rough Rider and Chopperpilot) you notice that these guys as well as the seller know their way around 610 Huskies. In his for sale thread the buyer mentions that wiring on the bike was done by Blazes after he got it and that there is now a fault in the wiring on his way to Runner. Oil leaks are common on this bike, read up on it online or in Blazes post here.

This tread turned nasty from post 2 when its get suggested that the seller must take the bike back and refund the money. Two guys egging each other on and from there on it escalates. Moderators become the Gestapo. Other members are kakt out when they comment.

Sorry but you made it public. It is a bad situation but you can not proof that a bike you bought "a couple of month ago" and you rode for about 300 km was faulty when you bought it. 300 km on a DS bike can be a lot. Depends on how it has been ridden. Whoops I said it out loud.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:35:02 am by Lars »

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM, BuRP

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2020, 09:43:40 am »
As a next door neighbor and long time mate I know BigDom well enough to know that his bikes are all very well cared for and never neglected to the point of being overly protective whilst we out on rides etc(his bikes have to sleep under cover etc :lol8:) I have never owned a Husky but I have observed that they are temperamental bikes and take a hands on owner to keep them running smoothly...especially a bike of that age. One thing I`m certain of is that Dom would not have intentionally mislead you and whatever caused the issues is not dishonesty
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:44:15 am by edgy »
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2020, 09:56:24 am »
dont want it to turn into a bash the buyer or seller thread but list the issues that you have had with the bike

you said you already spent R5k on the bike but is that for the new tyres, rack or was that for repairs to problems?

an electrical problem can cause a lot of issues and it can start at any moment - so not much to be said about that - fix it and hopefully it is then reliable
regarding the oil leak it might be as small as the oil breather as mentioned or the sprocket seal

you make it sound as if it is a lemon but have not seen any detailed break down of all the issues you are referring to?

have seen the bike in question at many EC Bash rides in Baviaans and for the bike to make numerous trips from Grahamstown to Baviaans and back it cannot be that unreliable.

Offline SvR

« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2020, 10:33:53 am »
Hold on. All I said is that I take offence that the OP compares moderators on the forum with the Gestapo. I have bought and sold bikes and other stuff here and never had any issues. I have dealt with the seller of the bike in question in the past when I had my 610 and got to know him as a very helpful and nice person. If you read through this thread and check who commented on the issues (Blazes, Rough Rider and Chopperpilot) you notice that these guys as well as the seller know their way around 610 Huskies. In his for sale thread the buyer mentions that wiring on the bike was done by Blazes after he got it and that there is now a fault in the wiring on his way to Runner. Oil leaks are common on this bike, read up on it online or in Blazes post here.

This tread turned nasty from post 2 when its get suggested that the seller must take the bike back and refund the money. Two guys egging each other on and from there on it escalates. Moderators become the Gestapo. Other members are kakt out when they comment.

Sorry but you made it public. It is a bad situation but you can not proof that a bike you bought "a couple of month ago" and you rode for about 300 km was faulty when you bought it. 300 km on a DS bike can be a lot. Depends on how it has been ridden. Whoops I said it out loud.
Bike had an oil from day one. Runner can attest..as well that the there was clutch creep.from.the same day.
Runner also knows this.
Then getting it back from.him itbdies on the N 1 and I alsostvget smeared all over the N1..it almost cause a major pile up.
The wiring was NOT done by Blazes, it rechecked and some fixes done. He then noticed that the oilmbreather pipe was AWOL.
And now this new leak.
You don't know how I ride. I've not has this Offroad due to no confidence it it.
As for the moderator comment. The Husky mod made some veiled threat about possible moderation on the thread. He was not named nor where names called......that smacks of passive aggressive behaviour. Youneither do it or you dont. I don't scare
And as for taking the bike back, others have suggested the same. Not here but to me.
PM me ne a number and I can let you have the comms I've had with him.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2020, 10:56:16 am »
that smacks of passive aggressive behaviour.

I've reread this thread in full.
Your posts, tagteamed by Piglett's - which turns out to be your brother! - smacks to me like active agressive behaviour, even premeditated!
Add your in my books not-on comparative terminology (Gestapo, hooker etc...) used as clear aggression in an attempt to defame Dom's character, plus brushing off some posters which say things you don't like or don't suit you, and quite frankly your (plural, your bro's too) arguments do not hold any water for me, in fact it is leaking - sensitive pun intended!

I'll repeat again: you bought a 2nd hand bike which once at home and being used proved to have some niggles.
These are yours to deal with, hardly a reason to broadcast loudly, backed up by your bro... which smacks to me like premeditation, like in "let's put this Mod under public pressure together and see what will come out".
Maybe just me but that's what I think is happening here... NOT very nice, and such defames other characters than Dom's!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 10:58:25 am by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM, Lars

Offline Lars

• Race Dog
  • Oh well...
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2020, 12:06:12 pm »
that smacks of passive aggressive behaviour.

I've reread this thread in full.
Your posts, tagteamed by Piglett's - which turns out to be your brother! - smacks to me like active agressive behaviour, even premeditated!
Add your in my books not-on comparative terminology (Gestapo, hooker etc...) used as clear aggression in an attempt to defame Dom's character, plus brushing off some posters which say things you don't like or don't suit you, and quite frankly your (plural, your bro's too) arguments do not hold any water for me, in fact it is leaking - sensitive pun intended!

I'll repeat again: you bought a 2nd hand bike which once at home and being used proved to have some niggles.
These are yours to deal with, hardly a reason to broadcast loudly, backed up by your bro... which smacks to me like premeditation, like in "let's put this Mod under public pressure together and see what will come out".
Maybe just me but that's what I think is happening here... NOT very nice, and such defames other characters than Dom's!

I second that

Offline Piglettw200

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2020, 12:17:25 pm »
As I said in my responses I commented on the the thread as I have seen most of  the correspondence between the buyer and the seller . The buyer has never and will never ask me to fight his battles for him ...

I have also know the Pristine Bike was in the repair shop more than on the road .  Burp... I am my own person and even if it was not my brother and just a mate I would also say what I said and make no excuses for it . I have stood up for guys in other forums where I think they have been done in and I will again  ...... Where  live there are  great resources for recourse on disputes like this . So guys work it out themselves before it gets to that .

And everyone here can read and make up their own minds and whats wrong and whats right ..... So they know in the future .........

Everyone here said buyer beware .. but if you cannot trust guys on a forum who can you trust ...........

The Seller also had guys standing up for him  as they should . I did not hear anyone stating any premeditation there ..  it cuts both ways ....

No One is perfect and the same goes for mechanical stuff   the big thing here is  ... if you pay that amount for anything you expect it to work for more that 50% of the time you owned it ...... the issues were not niggles .....

Offline SvR

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2020, 12:32:45 pm »

You lost credibility when you said it turned nasty from post 2. That was you, so you better start moderating yourself Sir.
Oops

Online BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2020, 12:35:41 pm »
My disclosure of being the Husky moderator was for transparency sake and explained that I was compromised as the thread I felt could have benefitted from some moderation - having gone off topic and was becoming abusive. How anyone could interpret it as a veiled threat is beyond comprehension. I am comforted by the fact that reason has prevailed amongst a good number of WD's, and the PM's and insightful comments here are appreciated. I will now do my job and lock this thread.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:12:29 pm by BiG DoM »
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Online BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2020, 06:17:58 am »