Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: SvR Husky  (Read 364 times)

Offline SvR

SvR Husky
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:59:52 am »
I am not sure of this is in the right place but the infamous oil thread occurred here. Big Dom remove should you feel it needs to go elsewhere.

Myself and the seller (Big Dom), have been in contact now via WhattsApp as well as via telephone and have sorted out all issues. We seem to be cut mostly from the same cloth and as such understand each other.
He has been the consummate gentleman regarding this and we have resolved that should any issues occur with the bike I shall contact him first regarding fixes etc.

To clear up Piglettw200's stance. Heine is my brother, younger than I, but has always boxed in my corner.........sometimes unnecessarily but always appreciated.
He has even locked me in my own bakkie during varsity days when I was to stuffed to drive, then stole my girlfriend. He is a decent and principled (except women) man and I am proud to call him family. In no shape or form did we decide or arrange to double team anybody on hat thread although it does seem that way.
He is good people and should you ever find yourself in Christchurch, we can take you on some incredibly scenic rides.

If there were or are others that were offended I unreservedly apologize an should we meet in person , would like to buy you a beer or what ever else is your poison.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 01:42:05 pm by BiG DoM »

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM

Online JohnB

Re: SvR Husky
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 12:07:49 pm »
All`s well that ends well  :thumleft:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Old Bugger

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Silence is better than BULLSH*T
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 12:08:05 pm »
Okay, I'm thirsty  :lol8:
Glad that this has been resolved  :thumleft:

Online BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 01:51:41 pm »
Thanks SvR - Yes indeed, the matter hopefully is ameliorated from both sides. I think the lesson for us to take away from this is to really try and communicate asap when there are problems like this and try and sort them out offline before they are aired publically and go pear shaped. I believe we all value and honour an unwritten WD Code and should strive to uphold it.

Lets Ride!  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

The following users thanked this post: SvR, petri oosthuizen

Offline BuRP

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 01:19:56 pm »
I also have 1c to contribute - bit late it seems but I blame @Xpat for this, he took me & my 701 on a friggin awesome weekend out and I just came back, still unpacked and bike unclean, in desperate need of a wash - oh, that'll be the bike gents, I always smell like this and definitely had a shower last night  :P

I happened to meet @SvR when he came to pick up his bike from @Runner 's shop, I was there prepping my bike a bit - of course there, it's a great shop with everything handy, plus superb coffee and advice if you need it.
Anyway, SvR and me had a lekker chat around his bike - which IS a lekker bike, come on now, just some things he needs to do or improve on.
I also had earlier PMed @BiG DoM, and hearing about Them2 having sorted things out was great .... this IS WD after all!  :thumleft:
My respect to both, peace please, now let's ride!  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

The following users thanked this post: BiG DoM, SvR

Offline Piglettw200

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 11:13:39 am »
Great ... whenever any of you come to Christchurch look me up .

Online BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 02:04:39 pm »
Great ... whenever any of you come to Christchurch look me up .

:imaposer:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 05:13:05 pm »
Hou jou bek, sit op jou hande en drink jou koffie met 'n strooitjie, Oosthuizen...................................

..........Note to Myself ::)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 05:14:01 pm by petri oosthuizen »
XT 600 Tenere

Online BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 08:20:36 pm »
Hou jou bek, sit op jou hande en drink jou koffie met 'n strooitjie, Oosthuizen...................................

..........Note to Myself ::)

>:D