Maybe A bit OCD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
While on lockdown my son came by and we did the service required , but we did not have time to remove the fuel tank to do the air filter at the time , bugged me so this week I removed the tank , pulled out the filter and cleaned it , i have a DNA filter in the bike.Have to admit it did have a couple of bees stuck in it .
While the tank was off I cleaned the under side of the tank , as well as the frame , and the inside of the tank covers, Sure most of us do this , now for my ocd part . every time I remove the tank I notice some with powder in certain spots on the tank, deduced that is from the tank covers chafing on the tank, assume normal .
But OCD decided that something needs to be done , so I checked my toll cupboard for some thin whether strip tape, found a roll , 10mm wide by 2.5 thick , stuck it on the protruding parts of the tand and along the edges , tank covers fitted back nice and snug , and hopefully next removal wont have any white dust on the tank ,
Tonight I will wax the bike front to back , so its ready for the next ride , keen to feel how the bike runs on clean air .