Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Carb Hose  (Read 184 times)

Offline PapaDragon

Carb Hose
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:03:20 pm »
Guys,

Where does this little pipe attach? The loose end by the red arrow?
Would this being off make the motor backfire a lot and not idle properly?
I have looked, but can't see where it came off. Motor started backfiring and rough idle on a ride yesterday.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 01:13:11 pm by PapaDragon »
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed with the things that you didn't do, than the things you did. Mark Twain

Offline PapaDragon

Re: Carb Hose
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 03:04:49 pm »
The only place it looks like it coild have come off is there, but then it's moved quite a bit since it came off.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed with the things that you didn't do, than the things you did. Mark Twain

Offline PapaDragon

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 05:48:15 pm »
Nope, I don't think it's there, connected it up, started on choke, but slow revs, cut out on idle with choke off.
I can't really see into where I thought it goes, but looks like it's blocked off.

Offline PapaDragon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 09:17:53 pm »
Seems i't's part of the deceleration enriching unit, and the whole thing can be removed?
Any advice really appreciated.

Offline madmax

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Rotax (all models)
  • I may be MAD but it MAX no difference
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 06:42:45 am »
sorry cant even look..my bike in George..me in jhb and i have a manual on disk in a box in a storage unit... in a month i can take photos maybe..
in interim i would say clean carb bowl, sparay carb cleaner ..if it doesn't help at least u will have done something
fornicate the proletariat

The following users thanked this post: PapaDragon

Offline PapaDragon

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 05:23:34 pm »
I think I've found the problem,, pipe just below the right hand side screw of the thing that looks like a diaphragm cover
was split.. I don't have more of the same diameter so I'll get tomorrow.

Any advice on removing the whole deceleration enriching unit?
Pros and cons? I remember seeing it somewhere, but can't find it now..

Thanks

Offline PapaDragon

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 05:58:18 pm »
So, that;s not the problem, though that pipe was split.
Sorted that, and is still the same..

DRZ gurus, please help cos I thought i had solved the problem. Definitely running very
lean with nothing changed..