Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The opening of the PAW bank account  (Read 1266 times)

Red

The opening of the PAW bank account
« on: November 22, 2008, 05:42:21 pm »
It is done!!

It was painful.  More that 3 hours in the bank and PAW was the proud owner of a bank account. 

Man.  Just when I thing you have experienced all possible humbling experiences, you realised that you need a few more.

Seven committee members rocked up at the Nedbank in our area.  One by one they FICA'ed us, taking 20 minutes each.  After more than 2 hours, we were eventually ready to open the actual account.

"Nooo, madam.  Unfortunately you must register the NPO first.  SORRY".

I promptly lost it, telling the lady that I was told by one of her colleagues that all the paperwork that we have will be sufficient.  She then left us for 10 minutes and we compromised by opening a Club account, which is basically savings account.  I must take my hat of to the girl.  The application process allowed her to re-type all of our names and ID numbers three times.  She should know them by heart by now.

She send me to deposit Beemer manâ??s cheque, but by that time it was 1 minute before closing time, so they stamped the deposit slip for me, but the money is actually not in the account yet.  The rest of the guys that wanted to make deposits for the wine tasting could not deposit either.

Like I said it was painful.

Here is the bank account.  Hit it pleaseâ?¦

Nedbank Centurion Lifestyle Centre
Account Number:  2219007731
Branch Code:   12191444
Account Type:   Club Account

Thanks to Plothond, Gryshond, Stephan, JustBiking, TravelGravel and Journeyman.  I really appreciate your support.

JM, hope your wife forgive you soon.   ::)

Next time, we all rock up on unwashed bikes, unwashed kit with terrible attitudes.  We can then see if that is the trick. >:(

Offline Plothond

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
Re: The opening of the PAW bank account
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 05:45:34 pm »
We compromised by making a lot of noise in the bank  >:D

Even the security knows how to make potato guns, touch powder and how customs and excise did a Killroy on me  :biggrin:
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline JustBiking

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Highveld, Centurion
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:47:50 pm »
Even the security knows how to make potato guns, touch powder and how customs and excise did a Killroy on me  :biggrin:

I don't think they appreciated the bomb making discussions, but that;ll teach them to keep the a bunch of WD's held up in a bank, on a Sat for 3 hrs...

I promptly lost it, telling the lady that I was told by one of her colleagues that all the paperwork that we have will be sufficient.  She then left us for 10 minutes and we compromised by opening a Club account, which is basically savings account.  I must take my hat of to the girl.  The application process allowed her to re-type all of our names and ID numbers three times.  She should know them by heart by now.

I think she realized we're not going to go away and with closing time approaching that migth have just spurred her on to some action  :biggrin:

Next time, we all rock up on unwashed bikes, unwashed kit with terrible attitudes.  We can then see if that is the trick. >:(

Absolutely - you would think that they're doing us a favor...... bank's - they're all the damm same   >:(

Red thanks for all the effort and admin nightmare. We appreciate it....
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying........."Damn..We F*cked Up" - Anon.

Extreme Velcro

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:05:12 am »
Got to say - went through the same stuff when we opened up the bank account for Capetonians against Animal Abuse - and its not like I have the greatest temper at the best of times.

Thank God though that I ended up with an account manager with brains who doesn't mess around and who gets things done.  Now, when I go to the bank, I'm actually glad to wait that extra time jsut to get to her desk - I refuse point blank to deal with any one else.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:12:57 am »
hehe. After I decided to relax, it was fun! The peeps are funny moegoe's!  :imaposer:

It was frustrating yes. But I also learned a few tricks. About bomb making and patato guns as well as ordering KTM shirts from Out of Africa!  :pot: :biggrin:

And Plottie and Grshond's bikes were "hand cuffed"! :biggrin:

Thanks again for your effort Red. 8)

He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:44:17 am »
Great one... ..  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:45:21 am by Goose »
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•ż•)›