Post Kakkerlaksvlei Ride - PE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bakkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
So after our technical ride https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=24515.0 twoonefour, twoonefive, Q8 and myself went for a de-tour ride home via Uitenhage / Kakkerlaksvlei.

Thanks Watty for a awesome ride. (Watty will do ride report on Monday)

Anyway. after the tech ride we had some beers at Out of Africa.... or some of us  ::) twoonefour had a glass of red wine  :imaposer: and twoonefive had brutal fruit.... which is fine cos she's a girl  ;)

Q8 lead the way and took us through "the Hage" and then off the road to this massive open space with jumps and LOTS of mud. Q8 was right at home. AS soon as we got there Q8 head straight through the dryed up dam shooting up mud everywhere....  ::) kids!!!

twoonefour was practising his barrel runs, I think that's what you call it he was just racing up and down around two points as fast as he could.... must be the wine?

twoonefive was parking off watching us displaying our various skills.

I was doing some power slides and then went across the mud pool with Q8.... damn it was fun... If you wanna practise power slides, jumps, highspeed turns or just wanna get to know your bike go here S33 48.846 E25 25.596

We then head back to the Ford test track. the two's with a four and five stayed behind to play a bit more and QB and me head home.

Damn it was a awesome ride, nice and technical with some great fast twisting sections between thorn bushes.

I must say it was my second best ride too date, I just loved the terrain!!!!!!

pic 1 - twoonefour with the red wine and twoonefive with her brutal fruit
pic 2 - the dry dam with mud in the middle
pic 3 - Q8 playing in the mud
pic 4 - the view onto the dam from the top of one of the hill climbs
pic 5 - me giving it a go through the MUD

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 226