Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Mauritius tips (second honeymoon)  (Read 832 times)

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Mauritius tips (second honeymoon)
« on: September 09, 2020, 12:19:15 pm »
So maybe I was too stingy with our honeymoon 9 years ago, but its not generally mentioned with praise  :peepwall:. Anyhow, there needs to be a take two (or so I have been informed)

Next year we are married for 10 years, wifey wants to go to Mauritius, ouma is on board to look after the children...I need advice from all the romatic dogs, where do I start?

or when do I start? I dont know what is the best time to go?
We are not big drinkers, do I take all inclusive or fall into the stingy trap again?

Tips?
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Online ktmmer

Re: Mauritius tips (second honeymoon)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:25:12 pm »

........I need advice from all the romatic dogs, where do I start?

Tips?

Some ladies like it if you nibble their ears , others you have to fondle their nipples, some you have to suck there toes. Apparently it is all in the foreplay.

The following users thanked this post: IceCreamMan

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:48:00 pm »
I did an all inclusive package at Mauricia Beachcomber Resort a while back, was very cool, it's a lovely chilled hotel and has a basement dance club if you and your Mrs feel like letting your hair down, no need to worry about additional costs and food 3x a day is great, the package also includes skiing and other water sports and tours. The hotel is located in Grande Baie and is part of the Beachcomber group, there are a few Beachcomber resorts in the bay and the all inclusive package allows you to visit the other hotels and have lunch and drinks, we had a few boozey canoe paddles between resorts which was great fun.
Mauritius has a cyclone season between 15 November 15 May.
Ps. we also hired scooters nearby the hotel and explored the northern part of the island, no bike license required;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 01:05:32 pm by Blikkies1 »
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

Online chicco

• Forum Whore
  • This site contains cookies.....
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 12:54:50 pm »

........I need advice from all the romatic dogs, where do I start?

Tips?

Some ladies like it if you nibble their ears , others you have to fondle their nipples, some you have to suck there toes. Apparently it is all in the foreplay.

Location location location.....it all depends where you do it, on a beach in Mauritius is better than on a beach in Mauritania...Please check your spelling before you pay for the booking......It can mean the difference between a dogs wet nose in your bum or a AK47.
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline JustBendIt

• Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • cunning linguistic afficionado
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 12:56:52 pm »
I have taken my wife to Mauritius 4 times in 17 years

I suggest you go to one of the resorts in Grand Baie ...we have stayed at La Mauricia 3 times and Le Cannonier once.

La Mauricia is excellent and I think best value for money.

Best is to book through Beachcomber - they give you discount on honeymoon and every 5th wedding anniversary so your 10th anniversary will qualify
The older I get the faster I was

Online chicco

• Forum Whore
  • This site contains cookies.....
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:57:02 pm »
On a serious note, for the money you gonna pay in Mauritius rather look at a Mediterranean cruise with a couple of days in Italy or Croatia.

If you are on a budget and is craving sandy white beaches, coral blue warm water and exquisite seafood try this place.

https://www.smbc.co.za/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 01:06:51 pm by chicco »
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 01:04:08 pm »
I got married on the beach at La Mauricia, the hotel arranged everything and it was great, got divorced here but still legally married there. :imaposer:

Offline SlŠinte Mhaith

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 01:19:08 pm »
I suggest you go to one of the resorts in Grand Baie

Grand Baie sounds like the area you want to be in.

Ek wil ook eendag Mauritius toe gaan as ek groot is.  :)

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 01:25:01 pm »
We stayed at Canonniers once. Had a great time! It was probably the most relaxing holiday I've ever had because with all inclusive, you just go park off and don't worry about anything else for the whole stay
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 01:30:14 pm »
some great tips.

Wedding anniversary is in October so to get that discount with Beachcomber outside of cyclone season aligns nicely.

I see it will be roughly R40k for 4 nights, then wifey gets her all important bath included, but she will have to miss out on any toe-sucking though.

4 nights enough? We would probably spend half the time lazing around and other half exploring, so the scooters and paddling sounds great.

No special passport stuff necessary?
This looks cheaper than a 2 week Namibia trip, buying fuel and tyres and other camping stuff to make it happen

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 01:38:14 pm »
Shop around with a few travel agents dude, the last time I went it was 7 nights all-inc for roughly R45k, I've been a few times and only really start chilling after day 3 or so once the initial excitement has abated.

Offline rubiblue

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 01:43:42 pm »
Make sure itís an all inclusive package. Then get drunk everyday.
Past; PW50,PW80,YZ80,KX80,KDX200,CR125,KX125,KTM250SX,KTM250XCW, F800GS
Current; KTM790R, KTM300TPI, KTM450XCW

Offline Rascal

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 01:44:16 pm »
I would say four nights is just too short. Take the all inclusive through beachcomber, its always a win. Nice thing about beachcomber all inclusive is you can go to any of their hotels for free end even transfer to another if you dont like the current one.

We stayed at le Mauricia for three nights and then transferred to Le Victoria for another two, no extra charge. (La Mauricia was great but I wanted to move down to le Victoria to do a wreck dive and explore more of the area)

I will go back anyday!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 02:02:33 pm »
Okay, 6 nights is R48k,
2021 is going to be expensive. Some other plans will have to be put on the backburner.

I will see what is our options with leave and the children and then finalize the number of nights. We have calendar days leave so taking leave on a Friday and monday = 4 days and not just two.

Is it any cheaper to book 8 months in advance or just wait to 3 months before?
I intend to book the beachfront rooms, no issues there with noise or traffic on the bottom floor?

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:58 pm »
I've stayed at Club Med in Le Cannoniers and then at Shandrani in Blue Bay.

I believe Shandrani was much more expensive (I wasn't paying luckily!) but enjoyed Club Med much more.  Just much more easy going and chilled, you can ignore all the "Try to get you to do stuff" people and just do your own thing.

Shandrani is also right underneath the airport but otherwise in the middle of nowhere so there is fuckall else to do close by.  Le Cannoniers is close to Grande Baie
We took a Cat out to one of the tiny islands up north (it was named something about a cannon wedge or something??)....That might have been one of the best days of my life. So good.

Online Warren Ellwood

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 02:48:30 pm »
Went there is 2016, stayed at La Mauricia, Grande Bay, all inclusive package, was really great.

I found the hotel "activities" to be okay, the dive packages etc were a bit rushed for me.

I had the best days when we wandered off into the town and bought packages from independent tour operators, the best day ever was a day outing to Ile Aux Cerfs, which included being collected by taxi, a power boat ride, most of the day on a pirate ship, a trip up a river to see a spectacular waterfall and all drinks and lunch included for I think what was the equivalent of about R280 per person.

I did promise myself that if we ever went back, I would try to stay at one of the resorts on the Eastern side of the island, it just looked nicer there.

I was going to hire a scooter also, then sat one day and watched them drive, then decided not.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 03:11:35 pm »
Went there is 2016, stayed at La Mauricia, Grande Bay, all inclusive package, was really great.

I found the hotel "activities" to be okay, the dive packages etc were a bit rushed for me.

I had the best days when we wandered off into the town and bought packages from independent tour operators, the best day ever was a day outing to Ile Aux Cerfs, which included being collected by taxi, a power boat ride, most of the day on a pirate ship, a trip up a river to see a spectacular waterfall and all drinks and lunch included for I think what was the equivalent of about R280 per person.

I did promise myself that if we ever went back, I would try to stay at one of the resorts on the Eastern side of the island, it just looked nicer there.

I was going to hire a scooter also, then sat one day and watched them drive, then decided not.

Yeh we hired scooters in Grande Baei and I was bombing around, until I realised that none of the intersections that I was flying through had any stop signs, in either direction :o 

Then I figured rather take the thing back before I get killed.

Last time we were there we went Quad Biking at an inland "Game Farm".   It was actually amazingly beautiful and I would do that again any day. Sounds weird to have a Game Farm there and its more just deer that people have brought there over the years, but hell it was pretty and we got amazing views of the island from up in the mountains.

Offline skydiver

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 03:35:28 pm »
Went to Le Cannonier in Grand Baie 10 years ago on a 7-night Club Med All-Inclusive package (we were even collected with a chauffer-driven car at the airport and did not have to travel with other guests in a bus)
We booked a few months in advance as it was apparently cheaper that way.
The package included 3 meals/day with free snacks between breakfast and lunch and then free snacks again between lunch and supper. All local liquor were free like beer on tap, rum, wine, cocktails etc
All non-motorised water sport (glass bottomed boat trips, sail boats, canoes), gym, archery, tennis and bus rides to the shops/market were free
We went in August and the resort was not busy as most Europeans had gone home by then which was nice as you get good personalised service from the staff and the restaurants are not crowded during meal times

Sold: Yamaha PW80, Honda MT5, Honda XR200, Kawazaki KDX200, Yamaha TTR250, Yamaha XT660R, BMW F800, BMW F650GS, Yamaha XT660Z, CRF230F
Current: NC750X

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 03:43:40 pm »
Friends of ours go regularly. They stay in a B&B type place every time with no food or drinks just the roof. They eat and drink where ever they want. Buy food on the markets and in the end they get to stay longer than at any of the big hotels which they have done in the beginning.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 11:27:32 pm »
Buy wrap around sunglasses.
The missus won't see you checking out the other chicks with their tops off.  >:D

If she is brave enough to take hers off, remember to notice and to appreciate...  ::)
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.