I'm just gonna stop for a beer on my way home...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S
My wife and I were living in Thailand for a year and had to come back for some family matters. On the way back we decided to make a pit stop in India so that We can do a little trip there on a royal enfield Himalayan... what a trip it was.. RR to follow..
Anyways....so we made it back to South Africa just in time for the lockdown...

So there we were just sitting around and after a few months our savings started to look a tad bleak... time to work I suppose...

Managed to get some contract work that paid well but meant that I had to travel to George from time to time.

Perfect excuse to get myself a bike again :ricky:

The DR 650 was the bike that came across my path for a good price and I got away with it...

Off I went on tar to George in very bad fog most of the way but the DR made it without any problems and I settled in to the new project and started working...

In between shifts I managed to do some bits and bobs on the bike to get it a little bit closer to what I had in mind for it..

After about 9 days it was time to return home in Cape Town but I was bitten by the bug again... so I was feeling very allergic to tar all of a sudden..

On a very cold windy rainy night I made myself a cup of coffee and opened up a map... started to look for any alternative gravel road back to Cape Town ..

I've heard about the Tankwa padstal and I decided that I will stop there ... so my route started to unfold and with the help of google maps I set off the next morning.

It was great riding weather and there were not a lot of cars to deal with...

I decided to get out of George as quickly as I could. So George, Oudtshoorn and all the way to Calitzdorp was all tar.
Had a breakfast and some warm coffee and filled the tank in Calitzdorp also got some unnecessary stickers for the bike...

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 319