Re: Honda CX500 Turbo Finally Finished and Home in the Man Cave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bwana

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I am way over budget and if I had not found Tony Bosch in PE I think I would have just parked it to look at, however it turned out really nice and I am chuffed.. Tony has about 10 of these stripped for spares and knows these bikes back wards. The bike has two different CDI s one for in Turbo Mode and the other Called high idle mode the ECU which is nothing like todays ECUs and can be taken apart. It monitors the fuel and switches between the CDI units  my Turbo one was blown and my electrics were old and tired. However Tony had spares and all the old original plugs and wiring and understood the ECU so he did a complete Engine Job for me the bike looks great and goes great everything is 100% working. The bike is a real Jekyll and Hide bike it is very Lazy upto about 4500rpm then it starts going once it hits about 5300rpm it takes off Ideally you keep it in boost or out of boost. The riding position is still very comfortable. I really believe I have one of the best ones it still has all the original stickers on it I have the history and original manuals and books.Total time from start to finish 2 years nearly. Here is a you Tube Link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnNfmmpP0cE&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 529