So I crashed... Now with Pichas!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yefimovich

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
On Saturday at work I decided to make a run for the coast, sleep there and come back on Sunday. With no Planning done I hit the road. Just after Leandra it started raining and didnt stop untill just before Piet Retief.

On Entering Retief, I was still doing about 140 or so when I rode over a strip of mud and the whole bike just slipped out under me. Rolled and slid for about 100m and the bike a further 60m, after checking that all my bits still work I got up, collapsed and tried again, this time trying to stop a truck heading for my bike. It luckily managed to stop about 5m or so from the bike.

After surveying the damage and starting the bike, I managed to ride to Piet Retief provinsial hospital, steering right to go straight.

I must say Im truly thankfull and lucky to be alive after that fall, and truly privelaged to still be able to participate on the forum after so many others have come off far worse than myself, thank you mister guardian angel!

PS I will post pics later on and am happy to report that the XT falls incredibly well, the exhaust is dented and the steering all skew but for the rest shes still 100%!