Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Lowest/Lightest Japanese Big Thumper...........???  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Tyre kicker

Re: Lowest/Lightest Japanese Big Thumper...........???
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2020, 10:01:51 am »
DR650 - 40/60 teer grond all rounder
XT660R - 60/50 teer grond all rounder
KLR650 gen 1 - 50/50 teer grond all rounder
XR650L - meeste geskik vir off road 30/70

daai som klink nie reg nie

Dit is die ZUMA era se Wiskunde Leerplan wat sidetrack aangeleer het !!!  :imaposer:
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline jaybiker

• Old school=Old's cool.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2020, 03:47:34 pm »
If only it was biased the other way - 50/60.

That would be the elusive machine we're all looking for. :3some:
Succumb not to the erosion of those born of unconsecrated union.

"Two Wheels, an engine and a place to sit." What more do you need?

2021 a milestone. 60 years a biker.

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2020, 12:11:35 am »
DR650 - 40/60 teer grond all rounder
XT660R - 60/50 teer grond all rounder
KLR650 gen 1 - 50/50 teer grond all rounder
XR650L - meeste geskik vir off road 30/70

daai som klink nie reg nie

Dit is die ZUMA era se Wiskunde Leerplan wat sidetrack aangeleer het !!!  :imaposer:
Jy sien Yamaha is 110% bikes  :biggrin:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline billy-joe

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2020, 09:39:27 pm »
i see no-one has mentioned the X-Country from BMW.  @petri oosthuizen , go ride the thing, they're actually lekker bikes that do grow on you.  Low seat height, reliable as the day, comfy and more capable than you think.  disregard your prejudices towards a chain driven BMW cos you're going to miss out on great scoots.  20km/l easy too, i wouldn't mind another in the garage for sure.  Also, keep in mind that the lighter the bike is the taller it can be.  Its much easier pushing a 160kg scoot around than a 260 kg behemoth.
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2020, 11:37:37 pm »
i see no-one has mentioned the X-Country from BMW.  @petri oosthuizen , go ride the thing, they're actually lekker bikes that do grow on you.  Low seat height, reliable as the day, comfy and more capable than you think.  disregard your prejudices towards a chain driven BMW cos you're going to miss out on great scoots.  20km/l easy too, i wouldn't mind another in the garage for sure.  Also, keep in mind that the lighter the bike is the taller it can be.  Its much easier pushing a 160kg scoot around than a 260 kg behemoth.
My wife made a big mistake selling hers. 250 Rally weight with 650 power. :deal: :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2020, 06:53:27 am »

They do look like nice bikes, nice light 650cc.

But I'm VERY sorted for now............
XT 600 Tenere

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2020, 10:10:01 am »

They do look like nice bikes, nice light 650cc.

But I'm VERY sorted for now............
I have said it before if Yamaha brought out that very same 34L with the 600E engine and bigger better oil cooler that is mounted where wind can actually flow through it they would sell containers full. :deal: :thumleft:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za