Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ROOF 2020  (Read 503 times)

Offline DR BIG 750

ROOF 2020
« on: September 22, 2020, 04:59:57 am »
With the lesotho virus issue i heard Lesotho pretty much closed down this year, then this pops up ::)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 05:00:32 am by DR BIG 750 »
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: ROOF 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 09:16:46 am »
Yes was cancelled but now back on.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:10:20 am »
Quite strict regs at this stage - no spectators  :o. and 5 crew allowed.

https://www.facebook.com/theroofofafrica/videos/325587698724894
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 08:51:17 am »
Outdoor sports like this should have few restrictions... :sip:

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 09:42:32 am »
Outdoor sports like this should have few restrictions... :sip:

True - just restrict the social gathering indoors. Anyway they cannot police spectators if country is open to visitors.

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline CycleC

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 12:01:14 pm »
This is what came out of the Prime Minister's speech last night, Things dont look so good.  Worst is a Covid test is a must to enter, only 100 competitors no spectators at sport events.

The Honourable PM is saying that: the opening of borders will commence on the 1st October.
The crossing of borders is open to:
- Basotho business people
-Those that need health treatment
-Workers working in South Africa
- Students studying in RSA
- Foreigners
All will be expected to produce a Covid Negative Certificate,  there will be screening at the border.
 Restaurants open for sit down between 8a.m and 9p.m
 Sport is permitted  maximum 100 competitors no spectators
 All schools will be open Ministry of education will provide guidelines
 Parks are open
 Festivals should be outside
 Gyms should be outdoors
All these facilities shall follow Covid guidelines regarding safety and social distancing.
 ALEB (Association of Lesotho Bussiness)

What a mess, we still cannot cross daily to open our business's.  Even at level 1 we are being punished. Now 6 months with not crossing daily, Its getting out of hand now, how many visirors will get a covid test valid for 72 hrs just to enter and then when you leave you will have to get another one to enter back into SA. This is a sad situation.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 12:06:55 pm by CycleC »

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 01:18:00 pm »
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

We are excited to build on the newly announced date for the 2020 Motul Roof of Africa, 9 - 12 December 2020 by providing some more information regarding the event.

It has been a long process since lockdown began and we finally see some light at the end of the tunnel. Positive announcements have given us the confidence to push forward with our plans.

With regards to COVID-19 and events, things are changing rapidly and we can only follow Government regulations. We will continually monitor the situation in the lead up to the Motul Roof of Africa and closer to the event exact regulations and procedures will be communicated to ensure everyone is adequately informed.

Key aspects of the Event:

The Motul Roof of Africa will be COVID-19 Compliant in accordance with Lesotho and MSA regulations.

As always we have a gold, silver and bronze class. There is NO QUALIFICATION CRITERIA for any of these classes.

The Motul Roof of Africa is a MSA SANCTIONED EVENT – A minimum MSA One Event Club licence is needed to enter and participate.

NO SPECTATORS ARE CURRENTLY PERMITTED TO ATTEND EVENTS.

Rider + a maximum of 5 crew members will be permitted. All personnel will be required to fill out pre-event screening.

Round the Houses and EnduroX will not form part of the 2020 event to avoid mass gatherings in the Capital of Maseru, so the event will run as follows:

Wednesday – COVID19 Compliant Verification Process (Includes rider pack collection, tracker and timing tag installation)
Thursday – Time Trial for all classes
Friday – Main Race Day 1
Saturday – Main Race Day 2

We are working with our partners to have a mobile COVID-19 testing clinic available. Our medical team have ensured that hospitals will admit injured riders and we will have helicopters on standby at the race venue.
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 01:19:24 pm »
The above as per an email received  today
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline shark_za

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • KTM 300
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 09:45:09 am »
And its off again.

Following consultations this week with representatives of the Lesotho Government and the Lesotho Sports and Recreation Commission (LSRC), Live Lesotho has been advised that Lesotho will remain in a level 3 lockdown indefinitely. This decision is based on the concerns surrounding a possible second wave of COVID-19 infections. Due to these necessary restrictions, the 53rd edition of the “Mother of Hard Enduro” has therefore been postponed until 2021.

Offline RobC

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 10:34:07 am »
Lyndon Poskitt just posted it on his FB as well.  :'(

Offline BiG DoM

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 12:36:24 pm »
Yes its true.  :(

[09:51, 10/28/2020] +27 82 557 5362: POSTPONED: 2020 Motul Roof of Africa

Following consultations this week with representatives of the Lesotho Government and the Lesotho Sports and Recreation Commission (LSRC), Live Lesotho has been advised that Lesotho will remain in a level 3 lockdown indefinitely. This decision is based on the concerns surrounding a possible second wave of COVID-19 infections. Due to these necessary restrictions, the 53rd edition of the “Mother of Hard Enduro” has therefore been postponed until 2021.
“We are aware of how disappointing this news will be to riders and their teams, but unfortunately the current situation has not stabilised enough and there is simply too much uncertainty surrounding the pandemic at present. We owe it to everyone involved, and especially the people of our host country, Lesotho, to ensure that the Motul Roof of Africa does not present any additional COVID-19 risks. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that in the current circumstances,” commented Charan Moore, Managing Director of Live Lesotho.
Live Lesotho has communicated this decision to the event sponsors. The title sponsor, Motul, has indicated that they fully support the postponement of the 53rd edition of the Roof of Africa until next year, by when it is hoped that there will be a much greater degree of certainty surrounding the pandemic and any ongoing precautions required to contain it.
Moore thanked the sponsors, riders, LSRC, LORA and Live Lesotho team members for their support and for the hard work that has already been invested into the 53rd edition of the Motul Roof of Africa. He committed to channelling this collective positive energy into making the 2021 Motul Roof of Africa the best yet.
Live Lesotho further announced that all riders who had secured and paid for a place in the 2020 event can carry this forward to the 2021 edition at no additional cost. Alternatively, they can opt for a full refund.
The confirmed dates for next year’s event will be 3 – 6 November 2021, so riders and Enduro fans can add those dates to their diaries. For more information, including advice on carrying over an entry or obtaining a refund, please contact the roof team at info@roofofafrica.co.ls  You can also visit the official Motul Roof of Africa website for more information: www.roofofafrica.co.ls
[10:14, 10/28/2020] Dominic Thorburn: 😒
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 12:38:18 pm by BiG DoM »