Some Orrie+23 Rivers to unwind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubiblue

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
The weekend before lockdown, Ludo and myself got away to Dullstroom, Long Tom Pass for 2 days. We kept chipping away at setting up another longer trip on the big bikes.
Lockdown allowed us to plan a trip mid September that didn't disappoint. Marcel, the crazy "Russian" was very keen. He loves his routes and is an avid adventurer/plastic bike rider. He got the task of planning the trip, Ludo was in charge of accommodation, and I, well got away with doing anything except hounding them for updates. Ludo had recently met someone at the Quest qualifier, Jason whom had been one of the lucky selected few to make it through to the final. 4 Gents. Then Jason had another buddy Sean whom wanted to join us. We capped it there, large groups shorten the ability to get far. When the other 2 joined in, the first question on the whatsapp group was "should i bring my gat (read gun) with?" - this should be an interesting trip.

The idea was to get up to Tzaneen from JHB, over Orrie Baragwanath. Sleep, then down through Wolkberg Reserve (and all the many rivers), down the Tonteldoos (which means “tinderbox” in English, always learning). Sleep. Then get home.

We met up in Cullinan. Met Sean and Jason for the first time, seemed like good okes, was I wrong...

Someone was late, the usual "oh the dog ate my alarm clock" was the excuse (Ludo is renowned for generally being late), fines later...

Attachments

• 2020-09-11 11.50.10.jpg
    2020-09-11 11.50.10.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 378
  • 2020-09-10 16.03.40.jpg
    2020-09-10 16.03.40.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 382