Triumph Thunderbird - opinions / experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYCAN

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Seeing that the cruiser related threads have been getting some attention,  and that a lot of dogs own and have real life experience with different cruiser bikes....I would like to hear what you guys think

I have been toying with the idea of adding a second bike to my stable....problem is that I would like a different type / kind of bike to my current air-cooled SOHC 1200GSA. The GSA  has been and still is very good to me, and I love riding with the standard stupid grin on my face everytime. When thinking of what bike I could add, the trouble is finding something different that the GSA might not be able to do....

Currently I don't like the feel of pocket rockets, and the GSA makes a mean naked bike. Thus, the cruiser idea has started growing on me the past few weeks.

A whole new world has opened up to me, and I have been reading and window shopping a lot. The cruiser related threads have lead to more insight. After a lot of web shopping and watching reviews I have come to the conclusion and insight that I really like the way the Triumph Thunderbird looks...especially 2010 onwards.

I like the idea and look of this "muscle cruiser", and those Triumph alien eyes. It further looks occasional pillion friendly. From the reviews it appears to have good brakes, maneuverability and character.

Do any of you have experience with Thunderbirds, or opinions?
Are they diy maintenance friendly?

Thanks