Harley Fat Bob - opinions / buyers advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYCAN

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Following up on my recent Triumph Thunderbird thread....I have come across the Harley Davidson  Fat Bob, during my research on Thunderbirds.

It seems like the Fat Bob is bobbing around in my thoughts and Heart strings

As I have mentioned before, I am toying with the idea of adding to my current one bike stable consisting of a 2009 BMW R1200GSA. The GSA is a brilliant all rounder, and I think a cruiser will be an ideal addition with a totally different riding style.

I have been reading and watching a lot of reviews regarding both the Thunderbird and Fat Bob. And I have noticed that the Fat Bob is winning the fight in my mind. The Fat Bob will likely also enjoy a broader network of support and parts availability.

It further seems that the previous shape of Fat Bob, the 103 Dyna version is the one I would like to have. I like the look, and according to the internet search it falls in to my budget.

What I would like to know, is what are your experiences with the Dyna Fat Bob?
My plan is to mostly do town driving here in Bloemfontein,  and the occasional short distance trip (up to 500km one way)

Pictures and suggestions will also be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!  :ricky: