Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ENDURO RACE - STILLBAY FUNDURO 14 NOVEMBER  (Read 488 times)

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
ENDURO RACE - STILLBAY FUNDURO 14 NOVEMBER
« on: October 07, 2020, 11:50:19 am »
Enjoy the race and afterwards the rest of Stillbay....
Enduristan will be present with their products to purchase as well.

MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Crankshaft

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
Re: ENDURO RACE - STILLBAY FUNDURO 14 NOVEMBER
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:05:42 pm »
Jissie Chris ek het jou gemis verlede jaar daar.  Daai wind het ons die saterdag weggewaai. :o  My gat was lam na daai 140km.

Maar ons gaan probeer om die jaar weer te kom ry.  Sien nogal uit daarna :thumleft:
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC
Current: WR 450F & KTM 1290 Sup Adv R

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 04:10:34 pm »
Jissie Chris ek het jou gemis verlede jaar daar.  Daai wind het ons die saterdag weggewaai. :o  My gat was lam na daai 140km.

Maar ons gaan probeer om die jaar weer te kom ry.  Sien nogal uit daarna :thumleft:
Sal jou sien daar vanjaar, ek sal die organiseerders vra dat hulle sorg dat die wind van die ander kant af waai vanjaar!!! ;) :lol8:
Ja kyk Stilbaai se kalk klipbanke sal man n erge case of armpump gee!! ;D :lol8:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »

Sal jou sien daar vanjaar, ek sal die organiseerders vra dat hulle sorg dat die wind van die ander kant af waai vanjaar!!! ;) :lol8:
Ja kyk Stilbaai se kalk klipbanke sal man n erge case of armpump gee!! ;D :lol8:

:laughing4: ja ja daar was 'n klom wat al sommer by daai eerste klimmetjie al erg klippe gekou het :imaposer:
KDX 200, YFZ 450, YZ 250F, YZ 450F, WR 450F, R1200GS LC, R1200GS ADV LC, 2nd R1200GS ADV LC

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 06:12:04 pm »
Ek sal met die Olifant kom hallo se....as daar pannekoek is :imaposer:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 11:45:49 pm »
some more information regarding the STILBAAI FUNDURO 14 NOVEMBER 2020 prizes

ENDURISTAN WILL ALSO HAVE A GAZEBO WITH PRODUCTS ON DISPLAY AND AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE

info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline PLUTO

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 11:29:00 am »
I don’t mind if I don’t see any limestone rocks for a while, a long while!

Good turnout – dunno – around 200 bikes? 
The day dawned overcast and cool; perfect for riding.  The start was a little bit slow; one rider off at a time on red loop, and one rider at a time off on green loop, meant a long wait for your turn to start.  But not a problem – intention was to avoid bottlenecks. 

The first 50 kays was a mix of single/jeep track.  The whole place was strewn with limestone rocks that made for judicious riding on the “marbles”.  You would have been happy with  Mitas soft compound green stripe tyres.

There was one red loop climb with a step-up that got your attention.  And one mystery red loop; you’re riding along waiting for the hard section, and it never really came. 

There were 6 stiles over various barbed wire fences.  Here the trick was to approach them in 1st gear, with a bit of momentum.  Too fast and you’d over the bars on the going down part, too slow and you’d stall and slide backwards on the going up part. 

There was a refuel/replenish spot after about 55 kays, and from there, open flowing sandy single/jeep track all the way back to Still Baai. 

In all, a memorable ride that I would definitely go back for next year.  Well organised, and a privilege  to traverse 24 private farms. 

Roll on 2021

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 01:35:48 pm »
Nice little report Pluto, thanks!

The following users thanked this post: PLUTO

Offline Crankshaft

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 01:50:28 pm »
I don’t mind if I don’t see any limestone rocks for a while, a long while!

Good turnout – dunno – around 200 bikes? 
The day dawned overcast and cool; perfect for riding.  The start was a little bit slow; one rider off at a time on red loop, and one rider at a time off on green loop, meant a long wait for your turn to start.  But not a problem – intention was to avoid bottlenecks. 

The first 50 kays was a mix of single/jeep track.  The whole place was strewn with limestone rocks that made for judicious riding on the “marbles”.  You would have been happy with  Mitas soft compound green stripe tyres.

There was one red loop climb with a step-up that got your attention.  And one mystery red loop; you’re riding along waiting for the hard section, and it never really came. 

There were 6 stiles over various barbed wire fences.  Here the trick was to approach them in 1st gear, with a bit of momentum.  Too fast and you’d over the bars on the going down part, too slow and you’d stall and slide backwards on the going up part. 

There was a refuel/replenish spot after about 55 kays, and from there, open flowing sandy single/jeep track all the way back to Still Baai. 

In all, a memorable ride that I would definitely go back for next year.  Well organised, and a privilege  to traverse 24 private farms. 

Roll on 2021

Ja just under 200 bikes.  My gat is nog altyd seer ::)  The route markings this year was a hell of a lot better than 2019.  They also removed some difficult sections and made it shorter to only 90km. 

For the people who did it their 1st time, if you made it to the fuel stop, then you were sorted.  Only issues I had was those "ramps" accross the the farm fences... they need to go back to the drawing board for that one but otherwise it was a well organized event.

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 03:51:33 pm »
Yes, definitely one event to book for the calender next year...some pictures...., will try and get some "action photos" next year at the ramps and "stones":pot:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 03:52:15 pm by ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS »
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 03:59:11 pm »
Hulle moes die XL600 net keer. Sy wou net inval :ricky:

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 04:17:31 pm »
Hulle moes die XL600 net keer. Sy wou net inval :ricky:
Met die klem op "val"? ;) :lol8:
Sy was die mooiste bike daar!! :drif:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

The following users thanked this post: woody1

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2020, 05:51:03 pm »
Nooit. Daar was baie KTM's :laughing4:

Offline Blikkies1

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 06:27:39 pm »
Nice, I miss these, great events without too much seriousness. Are you saying one starter at at time for 200 bikes, no red mist embarrassing moments I take it?
It's the end of the road as we know it and I feel fine.

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 11:04:34 pm »
I have to add the first guy came in after 2 hours and 15 minutes, think on a KTM 300.  :thumleft:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline PLUTO

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 04:22:22 pm »
ja - one bike at a time in each of red chute and green chute.  In fact like Noah loaded the Arc;  two by two.

To be sure there was red mist build up, the long wait killed it.  But the time i got the nod to go, i was fully chilled.

Those temporary barbed wire structures were challenging. 

in other enduros, the oaks undig about 15 fence posts and then push the barbed wire fence over for the day. 

I suppose if you cut an opening in a fence, you will really struggle to re-tension the fence when the time comes to wire it closed again?  Not sure; I am stadsjapie and not plaasjapie . 

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 04:27:44 pm »
ja - one bike at a time in each of red chute and green chute.  In fact like Noah loaded the Arc;  two by two.

To be sure there was red mist build up, the long wait killed it.  But the time i got the nod to go, i was fully chilled.

Those temporary barbed wire structures were challenging. 

in other enduros, the oaks undig about 15 fence posts and then push the barbed wire fence over for the day. 

I suppose if you cut an opening in a fence, you will really struggle to re-tension the fence when the time comes to wire it closed again?  Not sure; I am stadsjapie and not plaasjapie .
The ramps was the only option for the organizers to cross the fences either that or no go over the farmers farm.
Think if ramps are used again those cross woods would be at the bottom next time.
If you have any ideas you think might make the funduro better let us know we will pass it on to the organizers. :thumleft:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za