Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: CHANGING DIRECTION , OR UP A GEAR.  (Read 273 times)

Offline NEON DEON

CHANGING DIRECTION , OR UP A GEAR.
« on: October 08, 2020, 06:50:53 am »
Admin please allow me ,
As i cant register a commercial profile yet ....
I am a aircraft technitian by trade , worked at JAN SMUTS ( OR THAMBO) in the 80s , got gatvol of the bureaucracy , and ass creeping and resigned, always had the itch to be self employed, did not happen , got a job at a bike shop . 6 month later my cousin offer me a Repping job , but it only lasted 3 months , ( long story ) cant work for family . In that time I was made another offer to sell bikes in Randburg and when the repping job ended I stepped back into the bike shop , worked for  Suzuki Country/Dirty trix that became MEGABIKE for 10 years , shop down sized and I was with out employment , 40 years old and wht to do , time to be self employed . opened my shop , Had no money , but lots of determination to make it work . many said it wont .
I decided that I will go the entry level bikes , yes Superbikes is the dream , but requires lots of money , became a dealer for , Jonway, Kazuma , BIG BOY ,linhai excavator , Blata pocket bikes , Gomoto .
In my time at Megabike I sold many Superbikes , Polaris quads and SXS . Jet skis . Decided to sort of specialize in the china stuff , but the exchange rate has made the bikes nearly double in price , so from selling 25-30 bikes a month we do maybe a quarter of that now , The new bike sales had a good spin off for my work shop , Over the last couple of years things changed , from about 75 - 25 ration sales to repairs , it has now changed to 90-10 repairs to sales . and the repairs after COVID has taken a dive . yes we have work but not sufficient.
Time to change direction and shift up a gear . I will admit a bit old school and not that active on social media , post some stuff but not nearly enough to make a impact , have to work on that .
Gents I can supply you with just about any parts requires , chains & sprockets , brake pads , Have new Nano gel batteries for most super bikes as well as adventure bikes , priced at around 900 for a GSXR1000 AND 990 FOR A KTM 1190. just fitted one in my 1000 , ordered one for my 1190 .
We also offer bike service to most makes , road , offroad , quads . I have a collection service to pick up bikes , I do charge a fee of R350.( JOHANNESBURG AREA) will quote for outlying areas .

Offline valkerieforever

• Bike: BMW R850GS
  • Between the Smoke and Mirrors
Re: CHANGING DIRECTION , OR UP A GEAR.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 07:00:50 am »
Hi.

Quick question, do you have ANY sort of online presence? Web Site? On-line parts catalogue etc?

The reason why I ask, I am busy getting into the Microsoft365 arena. I have been in the IT Industry my entire working career. I would like to help if I can to get you up and running with a website etc. I am not a front-end developer, I do all the back-end nuts and bolts stuff. I am not 100% sure what is available on the M365 platform, but if there is something we can use to get your business on-line and help you sell parts, make service bookings on-line. I would like to help. It will be part time and after hours unfortunately.

Have a think and let me know.

The following users thanked this post: NEON DEON

Offline swakop_toe

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 07:14:39 am »
Nothing is free on Microsoft365.
Setup a Facebook account as service/business.
 This is free and simple to setup.
Post anything and everything related to your bike venture. Even your POSITIVE thoughts.
Daily, even hourly.

Then, when you are really bored, start trying and LEARNING how to get your own website, mostly free.
 https://www.wix.com/

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 07:17:58 am by swakop_toe »

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 07:33:16 am »
Post anything and everything related to your bike venture. Even your POSITIVE thoughts.
Daily, even hourly.

Then, when you are really bored, start trying and LEARNING how to get your own website, mostly free.

I looked at Wix and eventually went with Wordpress and Woo - there is a dude called Ferdy Korpershoek that does tutorials on a load of different web-site related products, mostly free, and how to build a website -
- it takes time, I did a website over lockdown, took me about 3 weeks, but then I am old & slow.....
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline swakop_toe

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2020, 07:35:40 am »
Daily, even hourly.

I looked at Wix and eventually went with Wordpress and Woo - there is a dude called Ferdy Korpershoek that does tutorials on a load of different web-site related products, mostly free, and how to build a website -
- it takes time, I did a website over lockdown, took me about 3 weeks, but then I am old & slow.....
And this ^^^^^