CHANGING DIRECTION , OR UP A GEAR.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Admin please allow me ,
As i cant register a commercial profile yet ....
I am a aircraft technitian by trade , worked at JAN SMUTS ( OR THAMBO) in the 80s , got gatvol of the bureaucracy , and ass creeping and resigned, always had the itch to be self employed, did not happen , got a job at a bike shop . 6 month later my cousin offer me a Repping job , but it only lasted 3 months , ( long story ) cant work for family . In that time I was made another offer to sell bikes in Randburg and when the repping job ended I stepped back into the bike shop , worked for  Suzuki Country/Dirty trix that became MEGABIKE for 10 years , shop down sized and I was with out employment , 40 years old and wht to do , time to be self employed . opened my shop , Had no money , but lots of determination to make it work . many said it wont .
I decided that I will go the entry level bikes , yes Superbikes is the dream , but requires lots of money , became a dealer for , Jonway, Kazuma , BIG BOY ,linhai excavator , Blata pocket bikes , Gomoto .
In my time at Megabike I sold many Superbikes , Polaris quads and SXS . Jet skis . Decided to sort of specialize in the china stuff , but the exchange rate has made the bikes nearly double in price , so from selling 25-30 bikes a month we do maybe a quarter of that now , The new bike sales had a good spin off for my work shop , Over the last couple of years things changed , from about 75 - 25 ration sales to repairs , it has now changed to 90-10 repairs to sales . and the repairs after COVID has taken a dive . yes we have work but not sufficient.
Time to change direction and shift up a gear . I will admit a bit old school and not that active on social media , post some stuff but not nearly enough to make a impact , have to work on that .
Gents I can supply you with just about any parts requires , chains & sprockets , brake pads , Have new Nano gel batteries for most super bikes as well as adventure bikes , priced at around 900 for a GSXR1000 AND 990 FOR A KTM 1190. just fitted one in my 1000 , ordered one for my 1190 .
We also offer bike service to most makes , road , offroad , quads . I have a collection service to pick up bikes , I do charge a fee of R350.( JOHANNESBURG AREA) will quote for outlying areas .