Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM 790 - WARNING - THE MOST UNRELIABLE MOTORCYCLE TO EVER LEAVE AUSTRIA  (Read 4467 times)

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Fuck off.

Awww, poor whittle boobitz.

Would someone call his mum and tell her to give her little one some warm milk and draw him a warm bath.

The 790 is Junk son, face it and quit your crying.
Prepare yourself for four more years 😎

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
Kom ry net een dag met daai stuk BMW  saam my groepie en kyk wat is fucked as ons aan die ander kant uitkom. En wie wil n "boring as fuck" ding vir derduisende kilometers ry. Gelukkig breek die KTM gereeld en dan kan ek n nuwe een koop. Werk so bietjie harder dan kan jy dit ook bekostig.

Somebody can translate for our US friend.

Awww, the tears are still flowing from the jealous whittle boobitz.  :imaposer:

I wouldn't bring my BMW if I was going on gnarly terrain.  I will admit boobitz that today's BMW's aren't as reliable as the ones from yesteryear.

Now quit your bawling, your jealousy of me is showing.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
1 nobody is forcing you to buy one.
2 the 890 IS a 790 with more bore/stroke. So there’s none of this “deflecting attention” nonsense, it’s 95% the same bike.

3 seems like the useless dealers and techs in the USA striking again. Took them ages to figure out the 1x90s as well. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised when the smallest unit of measure is the width of a thumb and Carbs are still new technology in the states. Takes them a while to figure out modern euro tech.  :lol8:

I know quite a few guys who beat on their 790s with no ill effects.

This makes zero sense, almost to the point of idiocy, especially when American motorcycle manufacturers have consistently measured above German and Austrian bikes in reliability.  Btw, Yamaha is the most reliable motorcycle manufacturer. 

The 790 is a FAILURE, face the truth.

Online Blikkies1

You're correct BO, the 790 was rushed to beat the T7, KTM recalls will cost them less than a lack of sales in the years it took to release a  premature T7 competitor, it's business afterall. I'm a die-hard KTM fan but through my enduro riding days I learned that you only buy the 2nd iteration of a product from them if you want to play safe. That said, new iteration KTMs always blasted everything else, for how long without care was the question. Thank goodness for early adopters though, they can always show the way for the next 'rider' , somebody needs to warn the new boyfriend about her leaky seals and worn bore:) I've come to the conclusion that my old 990 will be with me for many years to come, she may be off pace by 20% from her younger daughters but that's just fine with me, I can give her a bit of botox from time to time and she'll still get me hard. The 890 is hopefully the new 990, I'll buy the 3rd iteration in 10yrs once it's affordable, the projected price here is just crazy. Sorry for the rant, as big a fan of KTM as I am, the sly 890 introduction doesn't sit well.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
You're correct BO, the 790 was rushed to beat the T7, KTM recalls will cost them less than a lack of sales in the years it took to release a  premature T7 competitor, it's business afterall. I'm a die-hard KTM fan but through my enduro riding days I learned that you only buy the 2nd iteration of a product from them if you want to play safe. That said, new iteration KTMs always blasted everything else, for how long without care was the question. Thank goodness for early adopters though, they can always show the way for the next 'rider' , somebody needs to warn the new boyfriend about her leaky seals and worn bore:) I've come to the conclusion that my old 990 will be with me for many years to come, she may be off pace by 20% from her younger daughters but that's just fine with me, I can give her a bit of botox from time to time and she'll still get me hard. The 890 is hopefully the new 990, I'll buy the 3rd iteration in 10yrs once it's affordable, the projected price here is just crazy. Sorry for the rant, as big a fan of KTM as I am, the sly 890 introduction doesn't sit well.

I'm also a fan, I feel their bikes are more fun to ride than just about any other brand, save Ducati.  Unfortunately Ducati just isn't serious about off-road.  I owned a 990, loved the bike, even with its flaws, it was a good bike.  I just wish that waiting period for a reliable bike didn't have to be.  I wish they'd get their shit together and not release a problematic bike to their loyal supporters.

I also owned a 1290R, one of the most exciting bikes I've ever owned, just too many glitches for me to trust it 4,000 miles from home.  I'm hoping for a re-release of the 990, if they do that, I'll do what you suggested and wait until it's a few model years old before laying down the cash.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
I had fuel level sending unit issues on my 2017 1290r, KTM has had years to rectify this issue.  Apparently they can’t.

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting

Offline BuRP

American motorcycle manufacturers have consistently measured above German and Austrian bikes in reliability.

A Harley reliable?
 :lol8:
Pull the other one!
And measured by whom exactly, nationality please?
Ah, 'merican, 'course, rrrright!  :P
Yeah, there's also Indian, indeed probably a better bet.
And eh, um, what else?
You said manufacturers so....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:54:03 am by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

The following users thanked this post: Altie7deLaan

Offline BuRP

You know where this comes from, so pls tell the guy his fuel gauge is OK?
It only starts displaying as from half full to empty, if even says this in the Owners Manual as it is supposed to work that way.... and he's only done 220km with it so it should start indicating what he's got left very soon.
You see, these 790 are fast and nice and and and plus they're rather frugal too  :thumleft: ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 02:01:24 am by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
American motorcycle manufacturers have consistently measured above German and Austrian bikes in reliability.

A Harley reliable?
Pull the other one!
And eh, um, what else?

Please burp yourself, Burp.

HD is a very reliable motorcycle brand.  And Indian.  They fall just below the Japanese MFG's and score higher than both KTM and BMW.

Perhaps you will understand with some picture storytelling.  Maybe that will work for you and other safrican mountainbillies.  :imaposer:

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting

A Harley reliable?
Pull the other one!
And eh, um, what else?

Please burp yourself, Burp.

HD is a very reliable motorcycle brand.  And Indian.  They fall just below the Japanese MFG's and score higher than both KTM and BMW.

Perhaps you will understand with some picture storytelling.  Maybe that will work for you and other safrican mountainbillies.  :imaposer:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 06:39:43 am by big oil »

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Choose orange. Choose Stihl.

A Harley reliable?
Pull the other one!
And eh, um, what else?

If something is too ghastly to ride, then yes, it will have one magnificent reliablilty record..... :biggrin:
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
I had fuel level sending unit issues on my 2017 1290r, KTM has had years to rectify this issue.  Apparently they can’t.

Again. An idiot that doesn’t understand how the fuel sensor works. It clearly states on the dash “1/2”. The fuel sensor only reads from 1/2 down. Muppets that need the bike explained to them because they can’t read a manual. Perhaps they need someone else to ride the bike for them too.

Oh and What American motorcycle manufacturers? Harley?  :lol8:  Thats a laugh. They’re still creating things that belong in the 1920s

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
Ready to Recall

Offline Cable Tie

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
More like “big soiled”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kobus Myburgh

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Ek vermoed Noneking gaan nie eers sy tyd mors om hier kommentaar te lewer nie.  Ironies dat terwyl almal hier praat oor hoe sleg en onbetroubaar die bike is, is hy uit op sy bike en skryf RR’s vir ons vermaak.  Inderdaad ‘n terrible bike, of hoe?  :pot:
"If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them.  I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

-David Livingstone-

The following users thanked this post: Clockwork Orange

Offline Roadhawg

• Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    • Technilube Oils and Greases
Ek vermoed Noneking gaan nie eers sy tyd mors om hier kommentaar te lewer nie.  Ironies dat terwyl almal hier praat oor hoe sleg en onbetroubaar die bike is, is hy uit op sy bike en skryf RR’s vir ons vermaak.  Inderdaad ‘n terrible bike, of hoe?  :pot:

Exactly. 

The internet is completely biased towards bad news, because ALL the people that have shit end up posting about it on FB/Forums etc, while the people with no shit (the majority) are out there enjoying their bikes and riding!

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • HKGK !!!
All bikes have their gremlins... take the 1150ADV. Great bike, but that glue mark on the seat is just terrible. And BMW refused to do a recall on it.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !