Kind Karoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Please don't curse me for posting a link to the Ride Report that my wife (PlainJane on the forum)  wrote for our quick Karoo getaway instead of rewriting it again on this forum.

2019 was quite a "deurmekaar" year for us and we said that 2020 WILL be bette  and  along came covid. We had quite a bit of getaway's planned for 2020 and at least we were able to do a quick overnight getaway on the bikes. When we came back into signal we heard the news that lockdown will be implemented within 3 days. Obviously all of our planned weekends and trips for 2020 didn't happen during this lockdown period.

My parents moved to a retirement village beginning of February with the mindset that they will go to their house every second weekend and will bring what they need to the retirement village as needed. My mother being an old fashioned lady who still have a summer and a winter wardrobe was in lockdown without het winter clothes. For the first 5 months they weren't allowed to leave the retirement village.

With lockdown lifted and having to visit our parents behind a gate of the retirement village at a 3 meter distance like prisoners behind  bars, my wife and I decided to make a little road trip for our parents.

Below is the link to the report that my wife wrote

https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com/2020/10/14/kind-%e2%9d%a4-karoo/