twoweekendsandfiftipix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankgirl

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
the past two weekends i had the chance to get outta town a bit so here i am pretending to share my "photography" and also having a subtle stab at ride reporting

weekend#1: dikhololo

prior evening's birthday party was still bobbleheading on my shoulders at 7am, but i frantically packed my things and caught me a super sobering shower

the jeep first wanted its revenge for being recklessly abandoned for over a month so i phoned a friend who arrived around 8:30am with jump leads and eventually the beast was up and running

we pulled up right on brunch time and had a bit of a kuier then we all went for a little game drive. the fresh air and pretty scenery more than made up for missing the rugby  :D
mostly we'd be driving around taking pics of everything and anything, veld's quite juicy-looking after the rains

next morning we made it just in time to miss the actual sunrise but hung around the lookout point for a while anyway, went pottering around the "4Ã?4 trail", swam, drank beer, etc,
a stone's throw away, lekker place to chill :)

weekend#2: heidelberg

'twas silversurfer's turn for a babelas when we set off to heidelberg via redbull-on-bapsfontein and redbull-makes-me-gotta-pee-nigel

trashed my cousin's place, window-shopped a few henley on klip estates, stalked oprah's school for girls, gate crashed some people's model plane air affair, and scored a dozen home made apple pies ;D

after sunday brunch we headed off to visit silversurfer's relatives a few km's away where they run an accommodation site for school / church camping groups etc. pity no alcohol :p

the surfer leg-butted a chunk of wood but one spiderman-sized plaster patched him up just fine. there's an enormous swimming pool, some horses wandering around, a cool view from the koppie, moerse boma, and lots of space for kids to get up to mischief 8)

heading back home we checked an army of eland on the suikerbosrand reserve fence's greener side. quite pleasant scenery all the way, really a nice time of year to be 'out there'

looming up ahead, though, was a thundery rain storm. destination: soaked. sarcastically rewarded with a precious little rainbow. our supply of daylight ran out just before we touched down but i must say a steamy shower never felt that good!

all pics taken with Kodak EasyShare Z710 :p