Arriving from Oz next year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Finally, found somewhere I can (hopefully) get all the info I will be needing for my intended trip from Cape Town, around, and to the North. So, Hi to all. Africa has long interested me, there seems to be something about the place that is intriguing, but where to go, I have no idea, and it doesn't matter. Just so long as I experience it

I will be air freighting my bike to Cape Town, or Jo'burg, or Durban, whatever is most convenient. I guess CT is the best place to begin. If anyone has any info on who with, or how to freight my bike, much appreciated. I have the Carnet papers, but need to work out how to fill it in costing the least.

After many years of not riding, but just travelling, I now want to bike it without a time limit and no need to get anywhere by a certain time.

I am equipping my bike to a degree here, however, I intend to finish with the final touches and travel/camping/tools etc. in SA so I don't have too much to carry over. I was considering doing the BMW Offroad training course here in Oz, but see that CountryTrax offer courses there. That might be better.

I am off to work in a couple of days for 5 weeks (on a ship), When I return, I'll get into more specific questions.

Thanks in advance