Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Can't turn traction Control off  (Read 109 times)

Offline meteldog

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Alive and kicking
    • Tankwa Biking
Can't turn traction Control off
« on: October 21, 2020, 10:57:33 am »
On my 2016 At I always turn the traction control off completely, on tar or gravel. Wish I could just disable it permanently.
Riding on Sunday when I pulled the lever nothing happened. I stopped and also disabled the ABS to see if that had any effect and no joy. Anyone else had this problem?
Cathsseta certified National Adventure Guide (WC9703)
it's all about the journey, not the destination
http://www.advbike.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/groups/111787138904704/

Offline hiltonph

• Probeer hom maar regop hou al is dit op een wiel..
    • Weskaap Stofpad Ryers
Re: Can't turn traction Control off
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 03:59:40 pm »
On my 2016 At I always turn the traction control off completely, on tar or gravel. Wish I could just disable it permanently.
Riding on Sunday when I pulled the lever nothing happened. I stopped and also disabled the ABS to see if that had any effect and no joy. Anyone else had this problem?

Still new to the twin. Maybe just go through your fuses first. Otherwise switch can also be dirty and not make contact properly. Happened on my 1190. I cleaned the switch and worked after that.
#maakstof

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R / Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000

The following users thanked this post: meteldog

Offline meteldog

• Alive and kicking
    • Tankwa Biking
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 08:39:48 am »

Still new to the twin. Maybe just go through your fuses first. Otherwise switch can also be dirty and not make contact properly. Happened on my 1190. I cleaned the switch and worked after that.
Thanks, sorted with some contact cleaner on the switch.
Sorted the same problem with the Start/Kill switch as well recently. Will l have to travel with a can of contact cleaner, switches don't seem like dusty conditions
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 08:42:37 am by meteldog »
Cathsseta certified National Adventure Guide (WC9703)
it's all about the journey, not the destination
http://www.advbike.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/groups/111787138904704/

Offline hiltonph

• Probeer hom maar regop hou al is dit op een wiel..
    • Weskaap Stofpad Ryers
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 08:59:58 am »

Thanks, sorted with some contact cleaner on the switch.
Sorted the same problem with the Start/Kill switch as well recently. Will l have to travel with a can of contact cleaner, switches don't seem like dusty conditions

Awesome glad you came right
#maakstof

Kawasaki KLR650 / Honda varadero xl 1000v/ BMW r1100s / Aprilia Caponord etv 1000 / KTM 1190 ADV R / Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000

The following users thanked this post: meteldog