Registering my bike in a foreign country

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Long story short: - My bike has been exported from SA to the UK. It is still on the ship,on it's way. It will be landed in London, for me to collect. It will arrive as an imported vehicle with no insurance, etc. The SA license disc is still valid.

I want to collect it and ride from the UK to the Netherlands and register it there. I have an NL address so can prove residency there. For what it's worth, I can prove residency in SA, the UK and NL at the moment. And I have a UK and SA bike license.

Has anyone done this or similar, or knows what I need to do? I don't want to get caught out when collecting the bike from the docks. Or at the port of entry into NL. Or at the registering authority in NL. I've asked around in the UK but the answers are vague and the official stuff doesn't cover this. In NL, it's worse, I can't speak the lingo yet and have no idea where to start.

Of course, with brexit happening, time is running out before the UK is out the EU.