Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: nama bike camp  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Grunder

Re: nama bike camp
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2020, 03:41:04 pm »
But, just because someone is a grumpy shite,
Doesn't mean you couldn't get along well with them when riding bikes...as long as you book 1st. :pot:

I want to believe that  :thumleft:

Cheers
NC700 F800GS

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Tea 7 for the masses!
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2020, 03:52:01 pm »
Dit alles, omdat mense nie ordentlik met mekaar kan praat nie.
Of wil nie?
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2020, 04:28:35 pm »
"making excuses is not in my fibre"......

"We had a big party here"
"Lots of cleaning up to do"
"complete electrical failure"
"got a tummy bug"

:thumleft:

:pot: Just teasing Wayne!

Offline SlŠinte Mhaith

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2020, 04:49:25 pm »

"got a tummy bug"

Jammer sÍ sit nie tande terug nie.   :peepwall:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2020, 04:52:31 pm »

"got a tummy bug"

Jammer sÍ sit nie tande terug nie.   :peepwall:

:biggrin: :imaposer:

Offline Flowers

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Happiness is
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:46 pm »
I was contacted by Wayne Viljoen (owner of Nama Bike Camp) and asked to post the email he sent to SAM.

From my side, I suggested we don't post the mail, as the thread has run its course, but he asked I do.

-----------quote----------------
Sent: 05 November 2020 05:04 PM
To: .................' <.............@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: 2nd November

Dear S...........

Thank you for your email even though it doesnít put me or my camp in a good light.
I sincerely apologise for the way we made you feel, and making excuses isnít in my fibre.
We had a big party on Saturday and too much cleaning for the weekend staff to cope with and on top of that we had a complete electrical fase failure at the camp so we had no power until Tuesday afternoon and on top of that came down with a tummy bug Monday from I can only presume kfc the previous day but as I said no excuse.
We have a really good reputation thus far, also started the business from scratch 3 years ago so it is important to me to always be on top of our game, slipped this..
We have a great clientele from the adventure scene and guys bringing their families back time after time and that warms my heart to see the kind of trust they put in us, I cherish every customer coming through our doors. I really do hope that you give our place a chance in future to show you the hospitality that so many other had and your stay would be for my expense if you let me. It is every clients right to scrutinize a place so I will not ask otherwise. We do have great ratings thus far so I am really sorry for your disdain towards us as I say I would love to make it up to you, Iím not chasing clients to make money, satisfying experiences is what makes me tick.

I sincerely hope you can accept my apology and offer to reconcile.

Regards Wayne Viljoen, owner of Camp Nama.

-----------unquote------------

Wayne also mention that he suggested SAM go to Oasis Country Lodge (which is 7km away in Klawer). This might have been understood to be Cederberg Oasis as the message was relayed by his worker --- Likely this is the reason SAM hit the road back there.

----------------
Heimer thanks for posting the response. Very fair indeed I will make a point to support this establishment. Those entitled like Sam and Jan have clearly never run a small business or ever made a mistake . They  just to busy with their own self importance to understand us mere mortals who have. No point on commenting on a fool like Dan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2020, 08:16:12 pm »
I was contacted by Wayne Viljoen (owner of Nama Bike Camp) and asked to post the email he sent to SAM.

From my side, I suggested we don't post the mail, as the thread has run its course, but he asked I do.

Dear S...........

Thank you for your email even though it doesnít put me or my camp in a good light.
I sincerely apologise for the way we made you feel, and making excuses isnít in my fibre.
We had a big party on Saturday and too much cleaning for the weekend staff to cope with and on top of that we had a complete electrical fase failure at the camp so we had no power until Tuesday afternoon and on top of that came down with a tummy bug Monday from I can only presume kfc the previous day but as I said no excuse.
We have a really good reputation thus far, also started the business from scratch 3 years ago so it is important to me to always be on top of our game, slipped this..
We have a great clientele from the adventure scene and guys bringing their families back time after time and that warms my heart to see the kind of trust they put in us, I cherish every customer coming through our doors. I really do hope that you give our place a chance in future to show you the hospitality that so many other had and your stay would be for my expense if you let me. It is every clients right to scrutinize a place so I will not ask otherwise. We do have great ratings thus far so I am really sorry for your disdain towards us as I say I would love to make it up to you, Iím not chasing clients to make money, satisfying experiences is what makes me tick.

Wayne also mention that he suggested SAM go to Oasis Country Lodge (which is 7km away in Klawer). This might have been understood to be Cederberg Oasis as the message was relayed by his worker --- Likely this is the reason SAM hit the road back there.

----------------
Heimer thanks for posting the response. Very fair indeed I will make a point to support this establishment. Those entitled like Sam and Jan have clearly never run a small business or ever made a mistake . They  just to busy with their own self importance to understand us mere mortals who have. No point on commenting on a fool like Dan.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yet you comment....... ::)

Offline Sputnik080

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2020, 09:55:36 pm »
If you're looking for a lekka spot and have 'n gatskop evening/party, you must definitely make a point of going.
Was there for the first time in Feb/March this year, will definitely go back for more.

Wayne's a good oke, I think probably just caught him on a hectic day maybe.

I certainly believe the big party line, that seems to be the norm. :lol8:
History:
1) 2008 Vuka XT125 (sold)     2) 2013 Motomia Java 170 (sold)     3) 2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin (sold)     4) 1994 Honda CBR600 F2 (sold)     5) 2004 Honda XL650V Transalp (sold)     6) 2004 BMW R1200GS (current)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2020, 07:10:39 am »
If you're looking for a lekka spot and have 'n gatskop evening/party, you must definitely make a point of going.
Was there for the first time in Feb/March this year, will definitely go back for more.

Wayne's a good oke, I think probably just caught him on a hectic day maybe.

I certainly believe the big party line, that seems to be the norm. :lol8:

Small wonder this "party spot" is so vigorously defended. :imaposer:

Mods, you can lock this thread, only fools like Dan and Flowers comment here.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:28:26 am by 2StrokeDan »

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2020, 09:05:49 am »

Dear S...........

----------------

Never knew of this place, now I do

Will certainly put this on my list of 'must go and check it out'

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline Gťrrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • HKGK !!!
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2020, 09:19:28 am »

Dear S...........

----------------

As always, if you have to explain, you got it wrong in the first place, but Wayne acknowledges that. Sales industry 101... never offend a potential customer. It has wide ranging consequences.

As for Sam, you forgive only once, then it is over and you can carry on with your life. To hate, you have to remind yourself everyday why you hate, and make your life a misery.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2020, 01:40:27 pm »
This was a storm in a teacup for sure.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2020, 08:18:15 pm »
This was a storm in a teacup for sure.

But it was a really big teacup. :biggrin:

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2020, 06:05:29 am »
So what is this all about?
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2020, 06:39:30 am »

Entitled snowflakes calling other people entitled

Offline OomD

• #imstayingpositive
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2020, 08:35:01 am »

Entitled snowflakes calling other people entitled
Entitled snowflakes calling other entitled people entitled.  :lol8:

Offline BuRP

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2020, 09:35:19 am »

Babbelaas glo....
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2020, 09:43:39 am »
Oh, but wait............. :3some:
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline Lord Knormoer

• Knight Kevlar: Order of the Alu Pannier
  • Wassie ekkie!
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2020, 09:44:11 am »
Given that my day job often involves changing negative perceptions, I shall be using this thread as a case study.

Hereís my summary:

1. It takes very little or no effort to produce a negative perception.
2. It is near impossible to reverse a negative perception.
3. Keeping a satisfied customer satisfied or converting a neutral customer to satisfied takes far less effort than reversing a negative perception.
4. Arguing with someone explaining their perception is wrong only makes them more resolute.
5. Resorting to name calling during this argument exponentially reduces your chances of success.

In my opinion, the negative contributions on this thread greatly reduced Waynesís chances of changing Samís perception but  rather effectively induced a perpetual middle finger from Sam to Wayne and his establishment. See points 4 & 5 above.

This thread in no way influenced my opinion of Sam or Wayne. It has however demonstrated how effectively an online platform can become a weapon of mass destruction. I also think a little less of some members from whom I expected a little more. I may have been wrong in my assessment of their intellectual and emotional maturity.

The following users thanked this post: VaalBaas

Offline Grunder

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2020, 09:47:50 am »
Given that my day job often involves changing negative perceptions, I shall be using this thread as a case study.

Hereís my summary:

4. Arguing with someone explaining their perception is wrong only makes them more resolute.

I also think a little less of some members from whom I expected a little more.

Debatable.....or is it? :o

:biggrin:
NC700 F800GS