Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: nama bike camp  (Read 4486 times)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: nama bike camp
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2020, 07:28:32 am »
Many Years ago I was on my way from Zastron to Rhodes, along the way I was caught up in a Thunderstorm and fell my Arse off.
Made it into Rhodes on a limp at about 21,00hrs noticing a Man gesturing to pull in on the Right, which I did. Once I booked in he said: I heard you coming from afar and I said to my Wife, LISTEN, there is a decent Bike approaching, it is a V2. Maybe he did not hear you Sam.
So as mens met n boxer tipe enjin by n plek aankom met n Danie tiepe baas........

Hou maar verby

Getik op my foon

As ek die baas was van so n kampplek, maak ek die hek so nou dat net motors kan inkom. Dit sal die Boxers uihou.

Maar ek sal die eienaars laat instap en oorbly, hulle is darem nice mense.

Onkundig oor motorfietse, maar nice. :pot:

Offline ETS

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2020, 07:42:03 am »
Jis manne!!!! I loooooove November. This time of year when tempers get frayed makes for a bit of life on the forum.  :pot: :pot:

Nog asseblief.
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • HKGK !!!
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2020, 08:01:48 am »
Sam, once you've dug a hole above head height, you need to stop digging dude. Your arrogance is astounding, you question a member's cognitive ability and tell him to 'fuck off' yet question your guilt in being accused of aggression? No boet, sometimes in life you need to own your fokop and express resultant humility, it garners more respect than bullying your way through things. The fact that most here disagree with your outlook on the situation should give you a hint that you're wrong, own it and move on.

Yip. There is a saying in my profession... if you have to explain yourself, you got it wrong in the first place
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

The following users thanked this post: ETS, Fuzzy Muzzy

Offline Altie7deLaan

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Tea 7 for the masses!
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2020, 08:18:46 am »
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.....
En dit was ook so, voor die dae van sosiale platforms.
xl185  cb750f  gsx600f  fz750  gsxr750  cbr600f2  cbr900rr cbr929rr  cbr954rr  vtr1000f  fzr1000exup  650dakkie gsxr1000k4  lc4 supermoto  bandit1200s   project fartblood (fireblade streetfighter)  f800gs 690 kaboem

Kaboef:  "Ek dink BMW gooi drank in hul koffie en muffins. Want as jy dronk is, koop jy enige kak."

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2020, 08:23:56 am »
I will not camp at this place.

Why ?  Care to elaborate?   You also had a "bad" experience there or are you just jumping on the bandwagon
and being a keyboard warrior ?

Do you now want to force me to camp there

No, I just want you to justify your statement.......... Not difficult for someone making such a confident statement, surely?

I appreciate feedback regarding the level of service provided of businesses. Therefore I appreciate the feedback from the OP. I would have been just as upset if I could hear the owner talk, but he does not deem himself worthy to have a simple quick discussion with myself.

It is my choice where to go, therefore I will go where I feel appreciated. This place will not see me, and I will make sure all my riding buddies know of this incident.

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2020, 08:32:26 am »
I love it, when a keyboard warrior, calls a keyboard warrior, a keyboard warrior.   :imaposer:

The following users thanked this post: Fuzzy Muzzy

Offline VaalBaas

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2020, 08:39:03 am »
I love it, when a keyboard warrior, calls a keyboard warrior, a keyboard warrior.   :imaposer:

Neem aan jy praat met my, want ek is nog die enigste een wat die woord warrior gebruik het :peepwall:

Wel......maar...... :lol8:

In die Namakwaland is daar n oulike sęding wat die rondtes doen

Hardloop voluit, trap vas en loop naai :imaposer: :imaposer:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 08:39:46 am by VaalBaas »
2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C - 2020 RnineT Pure
2012 TW200
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8 en toe nog n 525 ook
Project Bikes - 2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE - 2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE - TW200
As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet(en ek weet nog steeds nie wat ek doen)

The following users thanked this post: Crankshaft

Offline ClemS

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2020, 08:43:26 am »
Each to their own - I won't put up with that kind of kak.

I think this line puts it all together nicely! Kak service is kak service!

Nowhere did Sam say he demanded overnight accommodation but he merely wanted to speak to the owner, who in my OPINION, should have afforded Sam the 5 minutes. Everybody is complaining about the shitty economy but when it comes to rendering a service - "sorry - tell him to go away" is in utter distaste and I shall possibly react in the same manner!

The rest that is attacking Sam here has possibly nothing better to do!  :pot:
The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

The following users thanked this post: skydiver, VaalBaas

Offline ktmmer

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2020, 08:46:44 am »

Neem aan jy praat met my, want ek is nog die enigste een wat die woord warrior gebruik het :peepwall:

Nee nog lank voor jou pos, in die draad, is die term al gebruik, ek het joune nie eers gesien nie, maar soos hulle se: "As die skoen pas........."

Offline HB 9

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2020, 08:47:16 am »
Entitled people...  :pot:
Tread lightly

Offline dookie

• The last Avatar Meatbender.
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Shake what ya mama gave you.
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2020, 08:48:45 am »
Hierdie is BAIE beter as 7de Traan.

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline Wayne

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2020, 09:16:56 am »
Biker Jan, VaalBaas and ClemS posts are the only good and valid posts on this thread.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.

The following users thanked this post: Breekbeen

Offline Grunder

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2020, 09:21:55 am »
At the end of the day our perception affects our outcomes in life. Who knows, this guy might have had a bad day after this "party" of the previous night. Maybe guests damaged property. Nobody knows... Yes it might not have been the correct approach and maybe he did not know the OP was in earshot. The OP perceived the owner as an ass and the rest is history.

Last time I checked the owner is also only human. (and the OP for that matter)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:23:47 am by Grunder »
NC700 F800GS

Offline windswept

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2020, 09:23:41 am »
Jis manne!!!! I loooooove November. This time of year when tempers get frayed makes for a bit of life on the forum.  :pot: :pot:

Nog asseblief.

Jis, gives a bit of an edge to the forum, now JM needs to living up a bit, some of the playas are away near the Orange river.  :biggrin:  >:D

Offline Mikel89

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2020, 09:39:07 am »
Let's organise a weekend there, not invite Sam, and pay for Operator's accommodation.

Offline RTFM

• Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2020, 09:39:42 am »
I'm usually the "silent customer" who simply moves on when encountering bad service. This incident brought the "red mist" down though......I've waited a couple of days to post, so as not to do so in anger.

So this is what this thread is about??  Rerig???

The owner of a business refuse to talk to you, for what ever reason.  You see red mist, and now everybody must know about it??

Take some cement and harden up, bou 'n brug en kom oor dit.  Man up.  But to be offended??  Really.
If someone do not want your business, take it elsewhere.  But to throw a "red mist well mannered tantrum" is hilarious.  And then you are offended because some other members do not agree with you??

You are welcome to state your opinion.  But then you must be willing to hear from someone who do not agree with your opinion.  Then debate your position.  Like adults do. 

I do not feel comfortable if someone states a negative opinion, and at the same time states he will not respond anymore (although you did respond later).

Anybody who express an opinion in public, should be willing to discuss that opinion, and opposing views, in public.
If you do not want to do this, keep your opinions private.

The following users thanked this post: ETS

Offline ClemS

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2020, 09:44:16 am »
I'm usually the "silent customer" who simply moves on when encountering bad service. This incident brought the "red mist" down though......I've waited a couple of days to post, so as not to do so in anger.

So this is what this thread is about??  Rerig???

The owner of a business refuse to talk to you, for what ever reason.  You see red mist, and now everybody must know about it??

Take some cement and harden up, bou 'n brug en kom oor dit.  Man up.  But to be offended??  Really.
If someone do not want your business, take it elsewhere.  But to throw a "red mist well mannered tantrum" is hilarious.  And then you are offended because some other members do not agree with you??

You are welcome to state your opinion.  But then you must be willing to hear from someone who do not agree with your opinion.  Then debate your position.  Like adults do. 

I do not feel comfortable if someone states a negative opinion, and at the same time states he will not respond anymore (although you did respond later).

Anybody who express an opinion in public, should be willing to discuss that opinion, and opposing views, in public.
If you do not want to do this, keep your opinions private.

An opinion is exactly just that - an opinion. Not factual, hence he is welcome to his opinions. To enter into a debate will not change the opinion, unless it can be substantiated by facts. This cannot be substantiated by any fact thus remains an opinion.
The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

The following users thanked this post: VaalBaas

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2020, 09:47:19 am »
Wayne is a lekker guy and I fully support Nama Bike camp and what they are trying to achieve

Because of its proximity to Klawer & Vredendal, many local young folks have started to use the place as a Bush pub

They really can party. 

The man needed a day off.

Most guests should never hear what owners of establishments say when they are out of earshot.  :biggrin:

A minor slip up and forgivable I would say.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:49:01 am by Heimer »

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

The following users thanked this post: ETS, VaalBaas

Offline VaalBaas

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2020, 10:10:58 am »

Nee nog lank voor jou pos, in die draad, is die term al gebruik, ek het joune nie eers gesien nie, maar soos hulle se: "As die skoen pas........."

In die geval vra ek dan om verskoning. Jy kan maar aanhou hardloop dan :biggrin: :lol8: :lol8:
2006 Hp2 # 882 #1555 #1784 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C - 2020 RnineT Pure
2012 TW200
My eertse foutjie KTM RC8 en toe nog n 525 ook
Project Bikes - 2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE - 2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE - TW200
As ek nie gister gedoen wat ek gedoen het nie, het ek nie vandag geweet wat ek weet(en ek weet nog steeds nie wat ek doen)

Offline trevo

• Bike: Matchless (all models)
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2020, 10:11:06 am »
Wie van julle was al lus vir kuier mense met n hangover  :biggrin:
DILLIGAF