New Bike New ADV in WC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
So its been a while since posting anything...

After my first solo around lesotho trip...I am hooked on adventure motorcycling!! Also seeing that Honda Quest is on, I thought it rather timeous for this post...

So I have been eyeing the africa twin since I started looking for options and thought it was expensive for a first ADV bike. The 660 tenere was a good value for money proposition (also good middleweight) which I went with and did about 10 000km with it...After the lesotho trip I was convinced this is a permanent hobby I will be  definitely investing in...sold the tenere and I found a good deal on a second hand AT in CPT and went with the upgrade. This AT was from a fellow wild dog member. :ricky:

Bus ticket booked BFN to CPT and ride it back O0 ...I decided to explore a bit of the western cape over a few days also while getting used to the AT. After purchase I took it to fit some barkbusters and foot peg enlarger and they were out of stock of lower crash bars...Route was Lions head to Melkbos and sir lowreys pass to sleep at a friend in Robertson...

Next morning Robertson to Montagu to Barrydale down Tradou pass to Heidelberg (where I got first bit of off road feel...) to Riversdale to go up Garcia Pass...then I took unknown road to Herbertsdale where I got super low visibility with the mist on to Robinson pass sleeping the night in Oudtshoorn...

Goodness gracious, the tar road conditions was so smooth and scenery constantly changing stunningly .... :drif:  :drif:

From Oudtshoorn I took the Swartberg pass early morning to head to Beaufort west then BFN . Swartberg pass probably the most fun and just absolute most stunning with the sunrise..Just amazing... :eek7: :eek7:

The AT overdelivered just effortlessly... So much more refined and balanced... I was used to an old donkey compared to the tenere... I must say the stuff reviewers complain about are really silly and just luxuries like cruise control and heated grips...also the bike feels like it can do farrrr more,, I'm just the limiting factor for a bike of such awesome capabilities.. cant Imagine what the 2020 AT must be like...

Up Next... Country trax training. Introduction and intermediate ADV course,,, then trip around the country for 3weeks over Dec 2020 and Jan 2021

Cheers

Popman