Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Travel restrictions - Lesotho  (Read 261 times)

Offline Ventana

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • De Colores!!
Travel restrictions - Lesotho
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:51:05 am »
Hi guys, after last night's pep-talk by Mr President are there any changes to the travel restrictions into our neighbours?  Specifically Lesotho?

I've searched the net but maybe the updates are still being decided on????  I know that crossing a border requires a Covid test certificate younger than 72 hours - but where can you get this done?  Dischem?

Appreciate any assistance...
"Never look down on anyone, unless you're helping them up"

Offline BuRP

Re: Travel restrictions - Lesotho
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 11:12:07 am »
Good question, would like to know too.

Tourists coming into our borders are free to do this albeit they will be quick-tested upon arrival.
I would "assume" (I know, dangerous...) that returning Lesotho bikers may do same - but as said some confirmation on this from someone who knows will be welcome  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020

Offline petri oosthuizen

• Vendors
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 600 Z
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:20:26 pm »
I know that the Roof has been cancelled because Lesotho was on Stage 3 for an "indefinite" period.......got the email about 10 days ago.

Maybe even check out the Roof Website, maybe they can assist you with updated info?

As for me..........I've "written off" Lesotho for the whole of 2020. Business/Travel/Leisure etc etc wise.

There's just too much Red Tape as it was, I just dont have the stomach for any more of that.
XT 600 Tenere

Offline Losper

• Tour operator specializing in Lesotho, Namakwaland and the Richtersveld
  • Vendors
  • Ons vat jou waar jou ma nie weet jy is nie
    • Facebook: LosperAdventures
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 08:48:43 pm »
As far as I know Lesotho is out for leisure travel.
Even if you do have a fresh covid negative sert with you you gonna run into huge obstacles if you try to enter Lesotho for leisure purposes.
So unfortunately Lesotho is out at this stage and I dont think anything is gonna change for the rest of the year. :xxbah:
We do adventure and enduro bike tours, specializing in Lesotho, Namakaland and the Richtersveld.

The following users thanked this post: BuRP, XRRX

Offline Ventana

• De Colores!!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 08:17:49 am »
Thanks Losper - I guess if anyone would know it would be you.  Thanks mate!

If/when things change please let us know......
"Never look down on anyone, unless you're helping them up"

Offline Grunder

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 08:38:14 am »
As far as I know Lesotho is out for leisure travel.
Even if you do have a fresh covid negative sert with you you gonna run into huge obstacles if you try to enter Lesotho for leisure purposes.
So unfortunately Lesotho is out at this stage and I dont think anything is gonna change for the rest of the year. :xxbah:
Thats a shame
NC700 F800GS